OT Legend, Carl Reiner has passed.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
As a huge fan of the Dick Van Dyke show and all of his work, the one and only Carl Reiner has passed on..RIP Mr. Reiner.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Damn! I saw Dick Van Dyke at a deli in Malibu on last years AIDS ride. He was a kick, even at 93.

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A giant! There are only a couple legitimate legends left. RIP Mr. Reiner - you sure gave the world a lot of humor.

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
Carl Reiner came from the era when comedy sparkled. In fact, he was one of the founding architects who made it so. His work sizzled with nonstop laughs and with class.

Amazing, just last week we had among us someone who still attached us to that time and place.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
As a huge fan of the Dick Van Dyke show and all of his work, the one and only Carl Reiner has passed on..RIP Mr. Reiner.
One of my favorites. Couldnt sell the show about himself w him as the lead. Sheldon Leonard said we need someone to play you who is better than you. He sent him to see Dick Van Dyke and the rest is tv history. BTW they used Sheldon and Leonard as names for the two Big Bang Characters in tribute to Sheldon Leonard

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
One of my favorites. Couldnt sell the show about himself w him as the lead. Sheldon Leonard said we need someone to play you who is better than you. He sent him to see Dick Van Dyke and the rest is tv history. BTW they used Sheldon and Leonard as names for the two Big Bang Characters in tribute to Sheldon Leonard
Another very very talented actor/producer. He played "Big Max Calvada" in a Dick van Dyke episode
a mafiaoso type....one of the best episodes....but they were all great.

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
Another very very talented actor/producer. He played "Big Max Calvada" in a Dick van Dyke episode
a mafiaoso type....one of the best episodes....but they were all great.
The name Calvada of course had its roots in the name of the production company, making a playful acronym that splices together its founders’ historic names: Carl Reiner, Sheldon Leonard, Dick Van Dyke & Danny Thomas.

02484FA5-B26B-4BFA-BF7D-6ED8D37A5452.jpeg

And oh, hey...

F06CADF2-8741-4E15-B9CC-DA01AE1B97CA.jpeg

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Rest in Peace! I was listening to Sirius Deep Tracks today on my way home from work. Jim Ladd was talking about Reiner's life today for a bit. Seemed like a great human! He especially mentioned that his relationship with Mel Brooks was above and beyond just being friends. They were like brothers. I found it incredible that they said that Mel Brooks would come over to his house every single night so they could have dinner together. Pretty amazing stuff!. Ladd finished his dialogue by dedicating "Jokerman" by Bob Dylan for Reiner.

m_anderson

Reaction score
Just finding out about this. Wow, 98 years old. An absolute comic genius. I've also always been a fan of the Dick Van Dyke show, even more because of the supporting cast. Morey Amsterdam and Rose Marie, the whole cast was comic genius built on the plot of a group of comedy writers. There's nothing creative like this on television anymore.

One of my favorite clips from the show. Carl Reiner RIP.

Latest posts