OT: Losing my dad.

brianb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am so very sorry for your loss Kevin. My sincere condolences to you and your family in this tough time. You’ll all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Deepest and most sincere condolences, Kevin. Losing a parent is one of the most difficult things one can experience. Time will lessen the blow slowly. However, please try to keep in mind that you had an AMAZING Dad. You were very blessed to have such an amazing, self sufficient, and talented Dad who taught you how to be the same. My Dad was very much the same kind of man...someone who could fix anything and set a great example on how to live, be kind, and be giving to others. My Dad passed at 62 from cancer... It still breaks my heart... Many prayers and much love sent your way. Rob

levelpebble

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My condolences, Kevin.

One of the biggest testaments to a person's life can be the character of the children they raise. By the looks of it around here, your mom and dad were over-achievers in that regard.

John

cwdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Let the grieving process takes its course, time heals all. We know death is inevitable but hurts like hell when it happens. DFO here for you and your family.
Coy

Heartbeat

Advanced Heart Guru
Reaction score
Kevin, I'm so sorry to hear the news. Thank you for sharing with us. Thinking of you and your family this week.

VintageUSA

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
No matter how prepared we think we are, there is never a good time for this shock.
I got that phone call much earlier than I expected:
My Dad was only 59 and had been retired for just over two years -- not near enough.
We had just played in a 3-day golf tournament together and he died the following evening.............heart attack.
Hang in there for your Mother -- the next 6 months will be tough on her (and you).
May God bless your family.................

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
so sorry for your loss , k o , .... my dad passed away 4 yrs. ago .... i know exactly how you feel ....

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
So sorry to read this. Thank you for sharing a little bit about him. What a great way to honor him, sharing your memories and introducing him to us. I would love to hear more once you get past this extremely tough season of life.

charlesm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm sincerely sorry for your loss. Lost my mom in '12...first loss of a parent. It hit me in ways I did not expect. It'll take a while. My condolences and prayers to you and yours.

trappemann

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Kevin,
He sounds like he was amazing man and Dad!

I lost my Dad 14 years ago. He is with me every day, and I know that your Dad is with you as well. As he always has been.

I always take comfort in the fact that I got to be the son of the coolest guy I knew.

Sounds like you were too!

I hope your Father is having fun with all of his favorites, who went before him.

Our Prayers go up for you and yours during this difficult time.

Sean

bellbrass

DFO Star
Reaction score
Thanks for checking in, Kevin, and my sincere condolences to you and your family at this terrible time. You are one of the good guys here on DFO, so I'm not surprised at the outpouring of support for you. Count me as one of those supporters. Please let us know how you're doing.