header.nohb.html

OT Lost a friend

vsp39o2

Reaction score
Yeah, I DO think this song is about me. SO?
Got word that a friend had passed. Her daughter, another friend - like a daughter to me - found her. Still hurting, all of us still here on Earth who knew her.

All i ask from my online drum friends and neighbors is to reach out to anyone you know that is dealing with any demon. Keep reaching out, you could make a difference. I wish I would have done more for my friend. A little late now.

Sorry to be a downer.

Bigcode09

Reaction score
sorry to hear about that. It's always sad losing a friend, we never know what people are going through when they seem okay

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry bud, this last two years have sucked. Right before Covid, I lost my grandpa and we couldn’t go to the funeral because of Covid. Then I lost my friend from a drug overdose, then my cousin died from Covid from having it twice, then my grandmother died who’d probably still be alive if she didn’t have to be locked down in a nursing home. Oh yeah, and my aunt died in New Jersey from surgery complications

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

I still wonder what more I could've done for a friend who was going through what was probably too much for most people. It's difficult to know how close you can get and how much help you can give that they'll accept.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Reaction score
Sorry bud, this last two years have sucked. Right before Covid, I lost my grandpa and we couldn’t go to the funeral because of Covid. Then I lost my friend from a drug overdose, then my cousin died from Covid from having it twice, then my grandmother died who’d probably still be alive if she didn’t have to be locked down in a nursing home. Oh yeah, and my aunt died in New Jersey from surgery complications
I'm sorry for all the loss. That would be a lot to deal with at once.

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sorry for yours and all the family and friends loss. And it's only a downer if one chooses to view it that way. I think the majority would see it as one of our own hurting and touching base with your drumming family.

Last edited:

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
I support you, @vsp39o2

There is nothing I can say to take away your pain. All I can say is that spirit can be felt when you’re receptive to it.

May you be blessed.

doubleroll

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. Sending prayers…