OT-Lost my Mom

David Hunter

DFO Master
Reaction score
My deepest sympathies. I lost my mother 4 years ago, and the yearning to have just one more minute with her never goes away.

rsq911

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Prayers, hugs, and sending good thoughts.

CSR

Member since May 2000
Reaction score
Somehow, the loss of a parent makes us feel that we are truly adult. I’m very sorry for your loss. It’s always a shock and difficult. My thoughts are with you.

Mapex Always

Reaction score
Wednesday night at 8:00 my mom text me that she and my dad were watching the Spurs game and they were winning. She would often text while the game was on and I would watch and we’d text back and forth about the game. I had bbq’d that evening so I was cleaning up and didn’t get a chance to text back. I also text each night to tell her good night About 10 I picked up my phone to text and right then my sister calls me. Sometime after she text me my dad said she was having shortness of breath but then said she was ok. Then about half hour later she passed out. He called 911 but they were unable to help her. My parents were married for 61 years. We had just celebrated my niece getting married on their wedding date and then they had also come up to my house just after Christmas because mom wanted to see our tree and decorations in person she said. I am here at their house now with my dad for a few days. It is very strange as I keep expecting to see her Just wanted to share with my DFO family. Thanks and be well all. If you still have your parents make sure to tell them you love them. If you don’t then still tell them in your own way.
Praying for you, trust Jesus always! I am so so sorry

langmick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, it's hard. We must go through it, all of us. I've been soul searching since my Dad's passing, acceptance happens. I still feel empty though, but that's how this plays out.

Northamusi

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blueshadow, I'm so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in the fact that you were able to have those moments with your Mom, even if it was texting and not in person. Sending prayers

Santino

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the bad news. Lost my father 2 years ago and my mom is on her "victory lap" and fading. Losing my dad taught me that he left but he's not gone. I think of him more often than I thought I would. Mostly when one of his life lessons play out before my eyes. Your mom may be gone but she'll never, ever leave you. Peace and prayers to you and your family.