header.nohb.html

OT: Making Nonsense Lyrics for Songs You Love or Hate

FlowTom

Reaction score
In my youth, compulsory alteration of lyrics began when we heard the song "I'm Your Venus".

Through low fidelity AM transistor radios and plastic Sears record players with small tinny speakers, the "V" morphed easily into a "P".

The thing that saved our behinds was that the adults heard the song the same way we did.

Watch all the Lawrence Welk you want, the Lennon Sisters never got around to covering that tune.

groovemastergreg

Reaction score
Also, I thought for decades that the opening lines to the Stones “B*tch” was “I’m a soul star” etc. many misunderstood Stone lyrics over the decades for me.

michaelocalypse

Reaction score
I used to work with a guy who had alternate lyrics to just about every song imaginable. That was like 10 years ago, so I can't give you examples, but if I hear one of the songs, I still remember his alternate lyrics.

Lyrics interpretation videos were a thing for like 6 months back in 2007. Those were fun times.

aarono2690

Reaction score
In Paul Simon’s Graceland there are a few nonsense lines that Paul has admitted he wishes he could go back and change. One of his best songs IMO.