header.nohb.html

OT - Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?

chorga1

Reaction score
Mayonnaise is merely food lubrication. Prove me wrong!

chorga1

Reaction score
Seriously Dukes is delicious as is Kewpie. I wouldn’t yolk about this.

Monday317

Reaction score
When I was a kid my mom used to make baloney sandwiches with miracle whip for me for lunch and I ate them until one day I thought to myself "why am I eating this stuff, it's dis-gusting". It's the grossest thing ever IMO.

Mayo I can eat straight out of the jar. I don't, but I could.

Real mayo is actually easy to make, oil and eggs basically plus whatever you want to add to it for spicing.

I heard a discussion going on at the worksite cafeteria which is what gave me the idea to post this btw.
The Mrs. uses only Hellman's mayonnaise only but my own preference is Miracle Whip. What do I know?

Slingwig26

Reaction score
Hellman’s “real” blue cap mayonnaise, the best, hands down. Miracle Whip sucks. My mom used it when I was a kid and I always wondered why “other mother’s” had better tasting potato salad. Answer: Original “dark blue cap” Hellman’s mayonnaise. On this, there can be NO debate!

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
DW or PDP????

MW is nasty and fake. Mayo is okay but I really don't eat it unless it's already in something. I don't order sandwiches with it. When I went to Sydney, the big thing was to order fries and dip in mayo - gross!

However, for the last few months, I've been having 2 hardboiled eggs for breakfast, a little squirt of mayo and some S&P for an egg salad-type meal.
But I add some curry powder and it's fancy! Same for lunch - some tuna, mayo and S&P.

I do like aioli - curry, sriracha, rosemary garlic, etc. - all are good for the right foods.

WLVN

Reaction score
I grew up eating Hellman's mayonnaise and MW just tastes wrong... it's too sweet and doesn't belong on food unless it's heavily disguised with other flavorings. Mayonnaise is my choice in emulsions and Hellman's is the best.

jeffintampa

Reaction score
When I was a kid my mom used to make baloney sandwiches with miracle whip for me for lunch and I ate them until one day I thought to myself "why am I eating this stuff, it's dis-gusting". It's the grossest thing ever IMO.

Mayo I can eat straight out of the jar. I don't, but I could.

Real mayo is actually easy to make, oil and eggs basically plus whatever you want to add to it for spicing.

I heard a discussion going on at the worksite cafeteria which is what gave me the idea to post this btw.
BUT!!! Which makes a better bearing edge treatment?

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Dunlap syndrome?

:p
Being single during a year and a half of lockdown and the general loss of motivation to cook three square meals a day at least had this fortunate side-effect: My former "underinflated truck tires" now look like "my Porsche's low profiles after a summer down at the track"...

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Being single during a year and a half of lockdown and the general loss of motivation to cook three square meals a day at least had this fortunate side-effect: My former "underinflated truck tires" now look like "my Porsche's low profiles after a summer down at the track"...

I totally get it, brother. I lost a bunch of weight over the last couple years, like 100 lbs. Still dealing with the flabby stuff.

It ain't easy, sometimes you just gotta just accept things for what they are.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I totally get it, brother. I lost a bunch of weight over the last couple years, like 100 lbs. Still dealing with the flabby stuff.

It ain't easy, sometimes you just gotta just accept things for what they are.
Oh I'm glad there's no flab, I was never a really big dude, but former GF was an avid cooker/foodie so I put on a few more pounds than I was usually comfortable with. But over the last year I shed all that and more and am down to my (almost too skinny) early 20's size.

I've seen a few friends of mine who had drastic weight loss though. So I know what you mean. Congrats by the way. Me I have absolutely no merit, since it was circumstatial and involuntary. Setting out to shed weight and actually make changes in your life habits and routines is a huge deal!!

drummer

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering,
Does anyone put mayo on their wraps?

fun2drum

Team DFO
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whenever we get together with friends for a cookout or dinner, they always tell me to bring the slaw. Why? I think part of it is that I use only Hellman's Real Mayo... and a little brown sugar ;-)

I grew up in a home that was Duke's all the way, and no other was allowed in the house. It was after I went out on my own and got married that I discovered how much I like Hellman's. BTW, I think Best Foods Mayo is the same thing as Hellman's and is what they distribute in the western USA. I sometimes get that from Sam's Club online when they're out of Hellman's and it's the same exact thing.

Now, there's one exception to the Hellman's and Duke's debate. Make a banana and cheese sandwich only with Duke's. There's something about Dukes that's just magical with a Banana and cheese.
Yes, banana and cheese. Don't knock it until you try it.
You must follow this recipe: Two slices of plain white bread, one American cheese slice, a banana sliced crossways into discs (not lengthways), and a thick coating of Duke's mayo slathered onto both slices of bread. It's heavenly. yer welcome. :)