header.nohb.html

OT: Members in the path of hurricane Ian

varatrodder

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope ya'll are being safe and taking all precautions. Looks like it's gonna be a rough one with lot's of surge in the Tampa area. As a native Floridian I'm all about riding the storm out, but sometime you gotta know when to pack it in.

JimmyM

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’m relieved to be on the east coast but I hope my friends on the west side are ok. I’ve been through a few of these things and they’re pretty darn scary.

BruceOrl

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in south Orlando. While we have ridden out Charley, and Irma, we just put on a new roof and added solar. So there's that. More excitement and worry.
Best of luck and love to anyone in the vicinity of this beast.

kdgrissom

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Woo-Hoo!!! I live seven houses from the waters edge in St. Petersburg!
Somewhat lucky my first floor is 11 ft. up from sea level. Going to get the good stuff up off the floor and cover the rest with plastic sheeting. Taking myself and select items in the car to my daughters house in a non-evacuation zone for the duration.
Reason #126 I'm retiring away from Flor-duh.
Stay safe flat-landers!

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Hoping that Hurricane Ian will not live up the hype. CNN and the Weather Channel seem to expect it's going to rain fire and rip the Earth asunder.

With our goldfish brains, many of us seem to forget most weather events are disappointing in comparison to what the weather men are currently screaming about.

Take precautions, of course, but maybe chill out a little bit.

Hope the rain stays away from Talladega on Sunday.

JimmyM

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hoping that Hurricane Ian will not live up the hype. CNN and the Weather Channel seem to expect it's going to rain fire and rip the Earth asunder.

With our goldfish brains, many of us seem to forget most weather events are disappointing in comparison to what the weather men are currently screaming about.

Take precautions, of course, but maybe chill out a little bit.

Hope the rain stays away from Talladega on Sunday.
Having lived through many weather events that live up to the hype, this is pretty reckless thinking.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score

Erik

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks like it is going to be a slow grind. I have friends in Clearwater and Seminole and both are staying put.

hefty

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you survived them all.

That study focused specifically on the Mid-Atlantic hurricanes and Ian obviously is in the Gulf of Mexico. Important distinction. Not to say hurricane forecasts are perfect because they're not, but they are greatly improved.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I am [hopefully] relatively safe since I live halfway between Daytona and Orlando off I-4. My girlfriend lives way east in Palm Coast and theoretically should be OK, but I am on a much higher elevation and she is very close to the ocean. Storm water surge in her area worries me.

JimmyM

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Look, if you prepare like it’s going to be bad and it isn’t, no harm no foul. If you take it lightly, there’s a good chance you will be dug out of a pile of rubble dead.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Hopefully, we’ll be able to laugh at this when the storm has passed.

Attachments

• FF63B168-1DFA-43D8-96EC-2AD8271091C1.jpeg
    FF63B168-1DFA-43D8-96EC-2AD8271091C1.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 25