header.nohb.html

OT: Most Famous In 5/4 Time?

varatrodder

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most drummers would say "Take 5", but I'll guess either the Mission Impossible theme or the Halloween movies' theme song would be the most recognizable by the general public. Beyond those, there aren't many.
If “famous” is defined as known to the general public, then these songs and the intro to “White Room” are the only famous songs mentioned so far.

Jay-Dee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I agree, Take five or the Mission Impossible theme would likely be the most famous or well known.

It's very unlikely anybody outside Australia will know this and a lot of Aussies won't either, but I've always thought this song Alive and Brilliant by Deborah Conway is really cool (probably because it's in five). It was on the radio back in the day, early-mid nineties from memory but it wasn't a big hit.

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you go by sales and charting ,Everything's All Right from Jesus Christ Super Star.
Top 40 hit

Last edited:
Reactions: kip

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
The two songs that immediately come to mind are Take 5 and the Mission Impossible theme. There are some other great ones already mentioned above. Most famous song in 7? Money.

kip

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'd go w Mission Impossible. Families in the late 60s/70s were being turned onto odd times in their living room after Walter Cronkite!!!!
the 7/4 turn around in Bee Gees Jive would be another subliminal odd time win for my vote

type85

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about 5/8 time? I'm sure there's many examples, but this is the only one I know about:

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Part of this is 5/4 (at least I consider it so)

Not sure how you'd two step to it, but heck people two step to waltz's all the time (I can't watch if I'm playing)