OT Motorcycle Accident

Purdie Shuffle

Quizat Haderach
Reaction score
My son was badly injured in a motorcycle accident last night. Oddly, this happened on his birthday. His mother, sister, wife and I are upset but glad that he's alive and that there were no head injuries or internal bleeding. He's broken up pretty badly. Arm, wrist, ribs and a shattered right leg. He's had four hours of surgery so far with another 7 or 8 hour long surgical marathon scheduled for three days from now. After the surgeries, the only thing holding his leg together will be a series of pins, plates and braces. I must say, the NY Fire Dept, is doing a superlative job of supporting our family through this crisis. They have had a man at the hospital at all times, to act as chauffer for the family should one of us need it. They are paying for baby-sitters for my daughter and daughter-in-law and tending to our every need so that we need not concern ourselves with it. My hat is off to the NYFD.

Thank the powers that be, he's alive. I'll be back and forth for awhile so if I don't respond to pm's and such right away, this is why. I'll look in when I can. Please keep a good thought for my son.

John

poot

Penncrest Endorser
Reaction score
John,

Very sorry to hear of your son's accident. Prayers sent...

Sonorlite

Forgive him for he knows not what he does.
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Purdie - and my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Slobberdog

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the accident. Sounds like a blessing that there were no head injuries. Will keep you and your family in prayers.

BrianOwens

Drumsforever
Reaction score
John, God Bless the NYFD they are the best! I wish a fast recovery to your son. I with you, family & friends strength and well being. Someone greater than us is watching over him through this tough time. Sending good thoughts, prayers and All The Best!

Yes, motorcycles are dangerous and my son rides too. I pray for his safety every time he rides.

Bugford

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, John. Prayers sent for your family and your son.

5 Style

DFO Star
Reaction score
My thoughts are with you and your family, John. Glad to hear that at least it wasn't anything life threatening. Still quite scary though, no doubt. Some folks seem to recover remarkably quickly from that sort of thing and I'd be willing to bet that your son, as fit as he is, is one of those people.

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
Positive thoughts on the way to you and your family.

marko52

Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Reaction score
s**t, John. Really sorry to hear this. Positive thoughts for his quick recovery.......marko

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your son. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
I ride too. These incidents sometimes make me wonder why.

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Man, that's tough to hear. Thoughts and prayers for your entire family. We look forward to the updates as he heals, when you get the chance.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Praying for your son, my friend. Call me if you need any kind of help down here in the PA area taking care of things!

Chunkaway

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers for you and your son. I had a cycle when I was 16 and I loved it. I had been thinking about getting another one a few years ago and then an 18 year old was riding on our street with his 17 year old girlfriend on the back, they missed a turn, plowed into a tree and were both killed. Seeing their parents bringing flowers and memorial objects year after year has cured me of wanting a cycle. Glad to hear your son was not more seriously injured.

Latest posts