OT Motorcycle Accident

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
All the best to you, your, son and family.

The Fire dept. is top shelf!

atomicdave

DFO Star
Reaction score
You and the family can pull thru this TOGETHOR John, head injuries can mean the end of a lot in life so thankfully you dont have to go thru that...thinkgs like walking and holding a hand or a pencil are taken for granted until accidents like this...I recently had a small accident that could have been bad, could've even interrupted or halted drumming, so I kinda know how your son might feel right now (mentally, not physically). SOunds like you have good support, and have faith in those putting his parts back in order cuz thats come a long way....just be prepared for the therapy as that relies heavily upon the recovering individual..thoughts to you and your son and all the family...stick to gethor and hang in there brother.

Purdie Shuffle

Quizat Haderach
Reaction score
Thanks all for the well-wishes, very much appreciated. I'm heading back to NYcity tomorrow to spend the week-end with him at the hospital. He's still in the ICU at the Kings County Trauma Unit. The right leg was shattered. Until they operate, he has a bad open wound that will eventually require grafts. He's looking at the major surgery to save the leg early in the week, then eventual surgery on the arm and wrist to fix that. He's a mess. I told him a thousand times about bikes and city streets not being a real good combination, riding in a city like New York is just an accident waiting to happen. But he loves that Road King and it saves him on gas coming and going from tours at the firehouse, so I didn't bust his chops about it too much. But look now...

My son has everything going for him; young, strong and never afraid of a challenge. He's going to need all of it in the days and months ahead. I have big faith in him, he's never let me or himself down - ever. He's saved a lot of lives in his short 12 year career as a fire fighter. Now it's time to save himself. We'll all be there for him offering love and support every step of the way. It's what families are for and all about.

Keep a good thought for my boy, please.

Thanks again,

James's 'Pops' (as he calls me,) and his family

Stixnergard2

DFO Master
Reaction score
John,
Prayers sent for your son. It's going to be a long road ahead, but he sounds like a strong kid and will make it through this.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
john

so sorry to hear about your son's wreck. i too ride a harley road king daily for transportation. riding a bike is always a gamble out there. there is so much that can happen. i hope that he heals up well from his injuries. all of you will be in our thoughts and prayers. let me know if i can help you in anyway john.

mike

Concrete Pete

Reaction score
NorCal-- Paradise, CA. up in the Sierra nevada Mou
Hey John,

Big bunches of prayers and positive Chi to you and your family. I've been riding Harleys (and other bikes) almost 39 years, and have had a few bad crashes myself- one head on with a truck, and a couple of "left-turners".

Road Kings are large bikes, and I'm sure that factor helped save your son from a worse fate. Better the bike gets totalled than the rider!

Hope he heals quickly and completely- please keep us up to date on his progress, OK?

Cheers,
Pete

Bongo Congo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Wishing strength, good spirits, and a full recovery to your son, John. So sorry to hear about this.

Purdie Shuffle

Quizat Haderach
Reaction score
> he sounds like a strong kid

Brother, you have no idea! 6'2', 190lbs. hard muscle. This is the guy that can carry a grown man out of a burning building with an additional 145 lbs. of equipment on his back, turn around and go in for the next guy.

That's why I said I have a lot of faith in his successful recovery. As bad as the injuries are, he's got a whole lot going for him.

Thanks again all (Mike, good to have you back man! I loved meeting Anna. she sounds like a certified sweetheart of a person. I have no doubt she'll take real good care of you and make sure you take good care of yourself. Give her my best...)

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
John, sorry to hear about this, but I'm glad to hear that your son is a fighter in good physical condition. The mental toughness that allows him to go into burning buildings to rescue others will stand him in good stead as he goes through this, and the love and support that he has from his co-workers, you and the rest of your family will make a big difference, too. Prayers for him AND for Dad!

Purdie Shuffle

Quizat Haderach
Reaction score
> Prayers for him AND for Dad!

That's, 'Pops!' James has called me, Pops as long as I can remember. I kinda like it better than, Dad. Pops seems warmer, friendlier, more familiar to me somehow.

Thank you Thing from the Great Black Swamp...

John

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
> Prayers for him AND for Dad!

That's, 'Pops!' James has called me, Pops as long as I can remember. I kinda like it better than, Dad. Pops seems warmer, friendlier, more familiar to me somehow.

Thank you Thing from the Great Black Swamp...

John
My pleasure, bro-Pop (glug-glug!)!

forgiven7x

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
John....

I am sorry to hear about your son's accident. It sounds like age and physical fitness are on his side, That will be such an asset in his recovery. Not to mention all of your friends here remembering you all in prayer. Wishing him a speedy recovery!

Keeping you all in my prayers!

~Michelle

vintagemore2000

DFO Star
Reaction score
John, my good friend I'm terrible sorry to hear this, but he's in good hands, I will be calling you in a few days, man we love you your part of our family, your son, yourself and family are in my prayers.