OT Motorcycle Accident

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
John,
Man that's a tough one to go thru, luckily no head injuries! I'm praying for your son.

nikkofan

Reaction score
Good Evening,
I wish you all good thoughts and a quick recovery.
"nikkofan"

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
All the best to your son... hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

I’ve had quite a few motorcycle accidents, though none as severe as your son’s. The re-hab can be hard... and frustrating, but he sounds like the kind of guy that will put his heart and soul into it.

He’s so lucky to not have head or spinal injuries.

Good luck from Oz downunder.

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
John, Hope your son is back home soon. I'll be thinking about you all.

Matt

Purdie Shuffle

Quizat Haderach
Reaction score
Thought you guys might like to see who it is you're praying for...

First shot is of me and my tribe. It's a few years old as me and my wife are now divorced.

Second shot is James and his crew. His wife, Judy and my grandson, James, who is an up and coming young drummer! I built him a snare drum last X-mas. He loves it.

Enjoy,

John

nonagon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Best wishes to your son and your family. About 15 years ago I went through something similar with one of my closest friends, and it can be really scary. On a country road, my buddy drove a borrowed 1000cc bike around a turn too fast and skidded out on some loose pebbles...the bike basically exploded after going through a fence and a high tension wire. He lay unconscious in a field for hours before being discovered. He was medivac'd, and was nearly dead. He had many broken bones and has lost the use of his left arm due to nerve damage. Rehab took years but he's healthy now, except for the arm. Bikes can be dangerous...please, those of you who ride, be careful!

XVIII Airborne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Prayers out to your son and his family. Been there too, had a very minor accident with my motorcycle (I was rear-ended by a car but not injured), I got home and my wife said in no uncertain terms, "you're done riding!, end of discussion". Sold my bike and haven't missed it in the least, will use the money to buy my soon-to-be-driving daughters a car. Glad all will be ok with your son.

Concrete Pete

Reaction score
NorCal-- Paradise, CA. up in the Sierra nevada Mou
Hey John,

Beautiful family- I'm jealous! Good to see a picture of who I'm praying for, and the family he belongs to.(or who belongs to HIM!)

Your grandson is going to be a DRUMMER?!?!?! :occasion5: That's just too cool. I guess it runs in the DNA, like my family.

Hey Airborne- I could never get riding out of my system- it's in my very soul. It about killed me when I had to quit hang gliding in '83 when I broke my back, but I'm getting the "itch" again to do it.(since I seem to be "9 feet tall & bulletproof" again!)

John- I know it's too early to decide, but when your son is all healed and better, I have a couple buds in NYC that would probably rebuild his scoot for parts money alone. I have low friends in high places, and vice-versa.

I'll keep the prayers and Chi a-comin' at you.

Cheers,
C. P.

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
John:
Positive thoughts and prayers!

With his family and the firefighters, sounds like he has an awesome support group, and lots of love!

Take care,
Paul

coastie

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My thoughts are with you as you go through this unfortunate situation. Sometimes when stuff like this happens you just have to scratch your head and wonder why him and why now.

Keep the faith. These surgeons are amazing with what they can do. Prayers coming his and your way.

homeby5

DFO Star
Reaction score
Ah, man John, my heart bleeds for you. Nothing much worse than worrying about your child. Nice touch with the pictures, BTW. Let's us put a face with the name.
Prayers sent for you and your whole family. I know he's going to have it rough in the coming months. Lots of pain with the re-hab, but he seems just to be the right man for the task. Help him keep his spirits high, when and if depression sets in. Funny as it seems, after a LONG stint in the hospital/rehab center, you can actually get depressed when you have to leave. The caretakers kind of become your extended family.
Anyway, hang in there and thank him from all of us for chosing a profession that helps others in need. He deserves our respect and appreciation, just for that alone :icon_smile: