header.nohb.html

OT: My Favourite Headache

Freewill3

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Solid effort all around, Runaway Train is an amazing track. Plus Matt Cameron on drums!

silentsky

Reaction score
I only recently bought this album myself, although I had heard it before (a friend of mine had a copy back in the day when it first came out). A solid effort, but sadly I had trouble getting into it. I probably need to go back and give it another listen. I rather enjoyed Alex Lifeson's "Victor" solo album from around that same time though.

nmrk91

Reaction score
I just realized that Geddy Lee put out a CD a little more than 10 years ago titled "My Favourite Headache". Yeah, I'm a little slow.

What are your thoughts on it?
Release date: November 14, 2000....

Tilter

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I picked that up upon release and was hooked instantly by Geddy's unmistakable sound. Matt Cameron's playing is fantastic as always, and Jeremy Taggart played on one track, as well.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Going to check it out.

The title doesn't exactly roll off the tongue though.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
ok Youtube has the whole album broken up by songs and I listened to a couple. Sounded pretty good. Cameron has a much different style than Peart - and yeah, it's hard for me not to make a mental comparison. He's much more straight forward.

The title track has a Primus-esq sound to it. The couple other songs I checked out had a sort of beefy-poppy sound to them, easy to listen to.

thejohnlec

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve had it for a while. I like the title cut, Home On The Strange, Runaway Train, and The Present Tense. It’s a solid effort overall.

Neilrush88

Reaction score
Grace to grace is my favorite, always I listen it , always stays in my head.