OT: My greyhound's 15 minutes of fame!

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Okay, so someone from the pet section of the Huffington Post came across a picture of our tripod greyhound Dexter via one of the dog groups we support on Facebook and they ran a story on him! They asked my wife Gigi a few questions and we supplied them with some pictures for the short article. A truly resilient pet that we wouldn't have right now if we had not been able to do the procedure. :happy11:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/24/3-legged-dog-running-after-amputation_n_6743428.html

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
Polska ... that's great.

I knew nothing about greyhounds until we got our whippets... I had no idea about their beautiful temperament and how two speed they are ... flat out or stopped. They are something to behold in a full run and yours must be even more special, running minus a leg.

We love our two rascals... it is so much fun at the leash free park, watching them tire out a succession of kelpies and collies... then it's back to the couch.

Here's a photo when Reggie was still a pup.

Attachments

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Love the whippets too! That's on our list of the next breed to bring in to the family. Right now we are busy with the grey, a Jack Russell and a pitty .

Alas no running video yet though we will get some when we move in April

CSR

Member since May 2000
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had talked about getting a rescue greyhound at one point. They told us that if he ever got
loose, he'd run at full speed until he was exhausted, and then look around to find himself lost 30 miles from home. We decided on something a little less "focused." Good story with a happy ending, Polska.

cribbon

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
good for both of you! >:^)