OT, NFL Season is here, thoughts on who will be the top teams and Antonio Brown is now a Patriot.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Love to see Cleveland fans suffer, and as a Texas high school football fan I'm happy to see Baker Mayfield, who comes from Lake Travis, the most arrogant program in the state, fail. 43-13 to the Titans in what's supposed to be your first season as a new power in the league? Man, is that embarrassing...

As a Texans fans with no faith in the franchise I'm hoping to see them crash and burn miserably this year and the McNair family forced to sell (which I know will never happen).
I'm sorta the same way rooting against Westlake grads (Drew Brees for example). Also a Texans fan...I'm used to suffering, was an Oiler fan before that, I almost had a heart attack during the Oiler - Bills Playoff game...you know which one I'm sure...I think I was 21, almost didn't make 22. Unfortunately even though Texas is a big state it will never support another football team like it does the Cowgirls. Oh well...hopefully we can beat the Saints tonight...if not I'll start gearing up for Basketball season lol

& You Dont Stop

Drumming Since '85
Reaction score
I'm a Chiefs fan since '87. Their one and only championship was won when I was -2 years old (not a typo). They are now the new "Greatest Show on Turf". Assuming Pat stays healthy and their defense is improved, they will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

The Saints have to be chomping at the bit after the sudden onset blindness of the officials last year's playoffs. No reason to believe the Rams won't be serious contenders. Hard to say how the NFC East and North might shake down

Last edited:

Old Dog

Reaction score
After the way the Browns showed their ass yesterday, I hope they keep their losing ways. Bunch of idiots. Go Colts

As far as AB and the Pats :roll: :rolleyes: :roll: :rolleyes:

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ditto to The ElectricCompany and blueshadow. I feel your pain, except for me it's Katy! lol
Whoa! I graduated from Katy in 2007 and am still a huge supporter, attending as many games as I can and I'm very active on the Texas high school message boards. I understand your pain at the hands of Katy! :p

Houndog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm a Chiefs fan since '87. Their one and only championship was won when I was -2 years old (not a typo). They are now the new "Greatest Show on Turf". Assuming Pat stays healthy and their defense is improved, they will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

The Saints have to be chomping at the bit after the sudden onset blindness of the officials last year's playoffs. No reason to believe the Rams won't be serious contenders. Hard to say how the NFC East and North might shake down
After last night it looks like the road to the SB still goes thru Foxboro ....

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
AB's time in New England will be interesting for sure. Too soon to tell obviously but for sure Bill B will not tolerate his foolishness. He'd better buckle down and practice and learn the system or he'll be leaving his playbook on Bills desk.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Texans Saints game liked to drove me nuts last night...roller coaster in last 2 minutes. Thought we were going to win, then missed the extra point, got spared by an iffy call and got the point after on second try....but our defense, mainly secondary is just awful and coaches that use "prevent defense" should just forfeit the game....can't play soft against guys like Brady, Brees, Rogers etc when they have 30 seconds or more to get in field goal range. Of course Watson is developing into one of those guys too...unfortunately we scored to quick.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I saw the highlights of the Texans/Saints game, wow what a finish, tough for the Texans fans.
Just one game though. I remember the Pats lost an opener to Buffalo something like 34-0 and then won the Super Bowl that yr.

Latest posts