header.nohb.html

OT - On hating Nickleback...

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was never crazy about Nickleback but my ex-wife and her husband have gone to see them live a few times. Once while she was running around with him when we were still married.

Fitting.

;-) ;-)

underratedcowbell

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This is why people hate Nickelback:

Because they're a bunch of whimpers who couldn't even handle a few stones and water bottles thrown at them... c'mon and the guys says they're rock 'n roll! I've been to punk shows where a member of the audience threw a dookie into the stage!!!!

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score

Because they're a bunch of whimpers who couldn't even handle a few stones and water bottles thrown at them... c'mon and the guys says they're rock 'n roll! I've been to punk shows where a member of the audience threw a dookie into the stage!!!!
You’ve been to multiple show where people threw dookie? With their hands?

Is there a list? Why’d you go back?

Reaction score

Yet, even if it was yesterday.

Jack that ish if you want to throw something at a performer you are a lousy excuse for a human being.

Regardless if it has been done for years or they are a rock band.

Every performer should cancel the show right away if a bottle has been thrown at them.

I would almost say they paved the way for not excepting this non-excusable behaviour. As we see it more and more, artists (rightfully) stop the show if this ish happens.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score

I would say this is why Nickelback hate people.

robthetimekeeper

DFO Master
Reaction score
Nickelback, Creed, 3 Doors Down, Puddle of Mudd, Staind, etc.. These "post grunge" bands were the radio hitmakers around the early 2000s. A lot of folks who listened to them back then are the same people who now rag on them and call them butt rock.
Is it musically original or lyrically deep? Mostly not. Did they have catchy hooks and sell a lot of records? Yes. Do they have lots of fans? Yes. Nickelback are laughing all the way to the bank.

cplueard

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

This was supposed to be a metal show with Nickelback being slotted in between Dimmu Borgir and Slipknot and was before Slipknot was commercially trendy. Monstrously stupid idea by their booking agent. Not a fan of their music but I wouldn't risk a stone to the face to play for people that don't want to hear me.

bluejacketsfan

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's kind of weird that I ran into this thread because I just listened to Nickelback yesterday after not listening to them in a very long time.

When they first came out I royally ragged on them. I even went so far as referred to the lead singer as poodle man because that's what I thought he looked like.

But I'm not made of stone people. So after a while eventually the music just sort of seeped into my head and I did start enjoying it for a few years at least. Kind of seems like to me that Nickelback and bands like them are sort of like the '80s metal bands were to my generation. The music is fun, it's not profound really, and well it's pretty misogynistic. But as we all say to each his or her own.

And I'm not quite sure why Nickelback has become the butt of the joke really. I can think of so many other bands that had just as much success that were way worse in my opinion, not just musically, but also for what they stood for.

I would rather be stuck on a desert island with my five favorite Nickelback songs than to have the entire collections of Korn or Limp Biscuit with me. But that's just me. There might be others that love lb and Korn. And I'm not trying to denigrate fans of either band. Just saying it's not my style.

RobbiefromAtlanta

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don’t hate them, but they were the subject of something funny I read on the Internet once…

Warning: if you see a link to download the new album by Nickelback, don’t click on it! It contains a link to download the new album by Nickelback.

As for the music itself, it holds zero interest for me. Just not my thing. Can’t say why I kind of like Stone Temple Pilots and I don’t like Nickelback, but there it is.
Cuz STP were a cool band. I learned this when this song came out. The DeLeo bro's know how to craft some great tunes

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score

I actually think it was pretty rock and roll to give them the option. They chose to be stupid, so they got the finger and nothing more.

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
They had some decent songs, my wife and daughter were fans and had a couple of their CD’s. I got tired of them playing endlessly whenever we were in my wife’s car, so if would I have any animus toward Nickleback, it would be for that. But, I feel the same way toward One Direction for the same reason, so there you go.
Many people hate Nickleback because they can’t stand their music, but many hate them because they are “dedicated followers of fashion,” totally dependent on the whims and trends of popular culture. But hey—-some folks are more comfortable with letting someone else doing their thinking for them, even if it results in pettiness and puerile snarkiness.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's kind of weird that I ran into this thread because I just listened to Nickelback yesterday after not listening to them in a very long time.

When they first came out I royally ragged on them. I even went so far as referred to the lead singer as poodle man because that's what I thought he looked like.

But I'm not made of stone people. So after a while eventually the music just sort of seeped into my head and I did start enjoying it for a few years at least. Kind of seems like to me that Nickelback and bands like them are sort of like the '80s metal bands were to my generation. The music is fun, it's not profound really, and well it's pretty misogynistic. But as we all say to each his or her own.

And I'm not quite sure why Nickelback has become the butt of the joke really. I can think of so many other bands that had just as much success that were way worse in my opinion, not just musically, but also for what they stood for.

I would rather be stuck on a desert island with my five favorite Nickelback songs than to have the entire collections of Korn or Limp Biscuit with me. But that's just me. There might be others that love lb and Korn. And I'm not trying to denigrate fans of either band. Just saying it's not my style.
I really have tried hard to like Korn. They have a couple I still listen to, but most are not for me. Kind of like Metallica.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Well you are all in luck. Nickelback have a brand new album coming out. Here is the first single off of the album.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Never ceases to amaze me that people actually feel the need to start a thread to tell everyone that they hate someone/something.
If you're suggesting I started this thread because I hate Nickleback you should go back and re-read the OP (or read it for the first time). Squint hard at it if you still think this.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I really don't mind being lumped in with all the people who really dislike the band. Why does every vocal sound like he's lifting a heavy coffee table? Ok, maybe they don't have the lactose of something like Bon Jovi, but this thing of, "Well, at least they don't suck as much as...." is a weird slippery slope. Just something annoying and contrived about them that makes me turn it off.

I'm sure they do quite well and don't need my business, and that is just fine with me.

Dan