header.nohb.html

OT - On hating Nickleback...

Steech

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
du hast mich
Do you know that that’s actually a play on words?

If you say “Du hasst mich“ in German it sounds exactly like “Du hast mich” but it means “You hate me” vs the next line in the song is “Du hast mich gefragt“ which means “You asked me”

It’s like that song “You make me completely miserable”

Last edited:

RogersLudwig

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate is such a strong word. I actually never hated NB. I also never listened to any of their albums nor was I familiar with any of their songs. That changed yesterday when i heard the first two minutes of How You Remind Me. Now i hate them.

This thread reminds me of something I recently heard about U2. I liked them ‘cause I thought everyone else did. Turns out that’s what we all thought.

JBludwig

Reaction score
Nickelback, Creed, 3 Doors Down, Puddle of Mudd, Staind, etc.. These "post grunge" bands were the radio hitmakers around the early 2000s. A lot of folks who listened to them back then are the same people who now rag on them and call them butt rock.
Is it musically original or lyrically deep? Mostly not. Did they have catchy hooks and sell a lot of records? Yes. Do they have lots of fans? Yes. Nickelback are laughing all the way to the bank.
I’ll have the quesadilla haha!
I wonder if Billy Gibbins was on the original recording? I’ve always thought they’re songs were pretty catchy and rocking, but also a lil cheesy. Nothing wrong with that!

Jay-Dee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Definitely Stripper rock ….YUKK
It’s also Butt Rock .
Buttheads listen to it ..

Music for the mindless sheeple I call it .
I'm heartbroken, apparently I'm a butthead and a mindless sheeple. I don't think I can ever show my face in public again :(.

As I think I've posted on here before, the biggest problem with Nickleback is that people try to take them much more seriously than they do themselves. They can be a bit cock-rock, but they're pretty decent musicians who have written some pretty cool songs if you're prepared to look past the pile-on hate.

And we're talking about them, I'm willing to bet they're not talking about any of us.

Lamontsdad

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'm heartbroken, apparently I'm a butthead and a mindless sheeple. I don't think I can ever show my face in public again :(.

As I think I've posted on here before, the biggest problem with Nickleback is that people try to take them much more seriously than they do themselves. They can be a bit cock-rock, but they're pretty decent musicians who have written some pretty cool songs if you're prepared to look past the pile-on hate.

And we're talking about them, I'm willing to bet they're not talking about any of us.

Here’s the deal: they don’t even know who we are.

Nickelback may not be to my taste, but with all my kidding aside, they are living the dream many of us had when picking up drum sticks, guitars or singing: being rock stars. Can’t hate on them for that. It’s hard work to become a rockstar. Good on them.