header.nohb.html

OT - On hating Nickleback...

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Right in your title it says "on HATING Nickleback....".
Change your title if that's not what you meant.
lol

That's ok, everybody else seemed to grasp the concept. I'm not going to change it because it went over one persons head.

You didn't squint at it really hard like I suggested, right?

:p

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
lol

That's ok, everybody else seemed to grasp the concept. I'm not going to change it because it went over one persons head.

You didn't squint at it really hard like I suggested, right?

:p
Just because no one else called you out on it doesn't mean they grasped your concept. They just chose to ignore it.
You must have messed up eyes if squinting helps you. :)

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Nickelback is the new Winger

winger.jpg

Azoth

Reaction score
So this vid pinged on my YT feed.

I've seen segments from this show and it's not anything I'd go out of my way to follow but there's a point here that is I think important to consider. Things, memes have a way of sprouting legs and running off for no real reason.

Having said that I'm not crazy about Nickleback but I don't hate them. Their first CD is pretty... half decent but anything after that is just butt rock but it's not horrible.

Discuss!

I can't stand Nickleback. I don't listen to them. Except, when they're played in my grocery store like the other day, and I'm like "Who plays this sappy garbage song? (me, Shazaming...) Oh, How You Remind Me--Nickleback." Get me outta here.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
I just truly dislike their music.
I've always had an aversion to stripper rock, especially when it started flirting with something closer to my heart: metal.
So at that time lots of stripper rock bands seemed to be converging on my turf, with Nickelback leading the assault.
Stripper rock...you must mean it has a good beat and you can dance to it. :)

Sambo84

Reaction score
I remember secretly liking a couple of their early songs back in the day but I admit I later kind of joined the bandwagon of hating on them. I think it was just more fun to make fun of them and people I knew who openly liked them than actually disliking their music. Truly there are a lot of funny memes relating to Kroeger /the band--seems it's all in good fun. At this point I don't really feel the need to keep hating on them. Kind of the same thing with Creed--now feeling like they actually weren't that bad all along.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
I remember secretly liking a couple of their early songs back in the day but I admit I later kind of joined the bandwagon of hating on them. I think it was just more fun to make fun of them and people I knew who openly liked them than actually disliking their music. Truly there are a lot of funny memes relating to Kroeger /the band--seems it's all in good fun. At this point I don't really feel the need to keep hating on them. Kind of the same thing with Creed--now feeling like they actually weren't that bad all along.
Go listen to some Alter Bridge. Three original Creed members but with a new lead singer. Great band!

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This’ll probably get me into trouble…
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Especially the pic of couple …..
Come to the Southside of OKC to meet them !!!

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Especially the pic of couple …..
Come to the Southside of OKC to meet them !!!

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I guarantee you that couple has a “ Cross Wall “ as well !!!!