OT: Paypal weirdness

ChicagoDave

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I used paypal, so help me out here:

I just sent a guy $30 through paypal for a drum part. He's a trusted member of a drum-related facebook group.

I immediately let him know I sent the money, and he acknowledges in the affirmative.

A couple hours later, he sends me a money request for the same amount. I asked him why he sent the money request after I paid him, but no response yet. Am I missing something? Hope I didn't get ripped off.

amosguy

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have had PP need confirmation that a "service" was provided. Not sure how I happened to designate that in the payment, but once the acknowledgement was sent the payment went thru.

ChicagoDave

Reaction score
Have had PP need confirmation that a "service" was provided. Not sure how I happened to designate that in the payment, but once the acknowledgement was sent the payment went thru.
That's what I thought at first, but it says nothing about a service confirmation. It's a separate request for a transaction.

ChicagoDave

Reaction score
Your PayPal account will tell if the transaction went through or not.
My account does say the original transaction was sent. My bank says it's still in process. Maybe he sent the invoice by mistake.

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
If you sent it F&F, it may take 1-3 days. Just keep an eye on your bank's site.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you sent it F&F, it may take 1-3 days. Just keep an eye on your bank's site.
^^This

I think there's the option of getting funds immediately by paying a 1% fee but eh... I can wait a day or two.