OT: Podcasts Anyone?

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
The Best Show - http://thebestshow.net/

It's been running for nearly 20 years now and isn't letting up. It's a comedy podcast / call-in show. It's hard to explain it, but if you want to check it out, here's a good place to start:

Almost every episode of The Best Show has an appearance by the hilarious Jon Wurster, drummer for Superchunk, The Mountain Goats and the Bob Mould Band.

Johnny K

Reaction score
A band mate shared with me the Mark Maron interview with David Lee Roth. It was fantastic, he was able to keep DLR somewhat on topic. I didn’t realize what a schooled musician Roth is.
I heard that one and the one DLR did on Joe Rogan's pod. That one was off the hook. His is insane, but he's highly intelligent.

Gunnellett

Reaction score
This thread is great. Just drove 7 hours by myself each way to visit my daughter in Idaho. Tuning in something I want to hear on the radio stations is very hit and miss for parts of the drive so I thought I would try some podcasts to kill the time.

On the way over I listened to "The Cymbal Podcast". I am fascinated with cymbals so I thought this was going to be perfect. I listened to the hour long 1st episode and there was maybe 5 minutes of actual talk of cymbals and even that talk had no substance, nothing to learn. The discussion was more about social media and the host was getting bored and would throw out an occasional "cool" when he was not interested and done with the topic. I kept thinking they were going to discuss cymbals and it just didn't happen. I wasn't able to turn it off fast enough after the 1st episode before the 2nd started which was actually a good thing because the next episode was with cymbal smith Nicky Moon and it was great and you can tell the host was interested. I then jumped forward to another episode with cymbal maker Mike Mongiello and it was also great. I didn't chance wasting another hour of time listening to another non-cymbal maker be interviewed.

On the way back home, I listened to the "Drum History" podcast. Holy cow that is a great podcast! I listened to the 1st 6 podcasts and they were awesome. I really learned a lot of drum history. Very fascinating stuff!

shiek_yerbouti

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Drum History podcast is great. Considering how much we all like to talk about drum heads around here I'd say you have to at least check out the Evans and Remo episodes as a must listen (listen to Evans first since they went first). High drama in drum head land and very informative. Great history.

Last edited:

Latest posts