OT: Positive Experiences From "All Of This"....

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't zipped up a pair of pants in two weeks-- been sweat pants all day, every day. Also, the kids are home and I'm binge watching Schitt's Creek with my daughter.
That show is genius. I think it's one of the funniest things ever, but it's such a weird humor that it took a few episodes for me to finally get.

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That show is genius. I think it's one of the funniest things ever, but it's such a weird humor that it took a few episodes for me to finally get.
Yeah-- I sort of expected to tire of it since the characters didn't develop much at all in the first season. But then in season two things started really opening up, and then, wow. It's become pretty amazing.

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
we're on day 6 of isolation .... we live in a condo sub division , people here are great .. they get us food , and whatever else we need .... i get to play my drums whenever i want .... chase the wife around the house ....

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Not really much change here.
Just enjoying the day to day. We are a quiet home normally. It’s just the wife and I. We were very close prior to this mess and are very close during it. We do not eat out much due to being veggies ... I don’t really trust others to put the most healthy spin on a meal.
We are planning our future travels now ... so that’s fun.
I’m working hard and she’s working much harder than me ... typical days.
We are very positive people ... so, all of this is a positive for us. We find the up side in most everything.
Just enjoying life.

cwdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Governor of Idaho shut down the State yesterday but laid out non-essential businesses that must close and essential businesses that can stay open (21 days thru April 15). State run liquor stores will be allowed to stay open, I'm all good :D . Be safe out there people.
Coy in Idaho (aka Calidaho or Idafornia)

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
It is good that families can have the time to spend together and that all are concerned with the well being of those important to them, it's good to remember what is most important.
If you're well, count your blessings, it's good to be grateful.

BennyK

DFO Star
Reaction score
I sure have learned a lot about what to look for an what to avoid shopping around for another car in 2020 .

Out walking I reflect on those who aren't able to put one foot in front of the other , let alone step outside for some fresh air .

I live in a country where I can drink the water that comes out of my tap.

And DFO , the jewel in the crown .

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
The family (my wife and me with two "kids" over 20) has had much more quality time together and I feel like we've become closer over the past weeks. We've even played board games several nights over the past week, which we hardly ever did before.
One over 20 son back at home, and one more on the way. Been playing Halo, fighting, laughing, talking, hugging the first one. Can't wait to do the same with the next one when he gets here. :)

jsp210

Reaction score
Enjoying not having to shave and shower each morning before going in to the office. Hair salons are closed down in my state as well so I may emerge from this isolation period with a new look.

fullsizeoutput_144a6-1200x700.jpeg

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
I see more of my family, I'm exercising and shedding more.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
My business is "essential", but we're now able to WFH (previously at this company that was a WHFO. It has, apparently.)

My son (7) is a daddy's boy through and through, and he and his mom butt heads constantly. Last week I had to go in to the office one day. When he found out I was gone all day he locked himself in his room and cried. So I change my 50Million$ answer to "home school my son". He actually asked me one day (ironically after a fight with his mom about school work) "Why can't parents just teach their kids at home." He actually loves his teacher. She loves boys, and has a real knack for redirecting them gently without pouring gasoline on the fire. This kid thrives with the right teacher.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Same here. You and I might be in for a shock the day we try to put them on again...
I've actually lost weight. Which is weird because I quit rowing (gym) and the elliptical just isn't burning calories like rowing/treadmill. Even though I was packing my lunch before, I've ended up trimming the amount of my afternoon snack - I just don't eat it because I don't go down to the kitchen.

Latest posts