OT: Positive Experiences From "All Of This"....

mcjaco

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I work from home anyway, so it hasn't been too much of a change other than my kids being in my work space a good part of the day now, instead of at school. I don't mind all the Lego building going on behind me, or the XBox playing, or the random video calls to the Grandmas to see how they're doing. Oddly, with us all being stuck in the house, I'm getting out to take the dog on a walk (doggie day care closed), more often. Like seriously more often. We walked 5 and half miles over the course of yesterday! We're allowing ourselves two nights of carry out for dinner a week....maybe more if it's just one of those days. So like most of you, I think my pants will still button when we can get out.

A neighbor donated three boxes of comic books to my boys, so we've been weeding through them for age appropriate ones, and then I go read the "adult" ones. It's almost like reliving summer break in high school. Do work. Take lunch. Go for a walk. Play some drums. Read comics. Play a video game. Build Legos. Listen to music. Go to bed. Repeat.

robthetimekeeper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've been working from home for years now. Starting this week, my wife is also working from home. We are saving money with her not having to commute. Plus, her company gave her a bonus. The best part, I don't have to make my own lunch anymore.

Johnny D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I haven't zipped up a pair of pants in two weeks-- been sweat pants all day, every day. Also, the kids are home and I'm binge watching Schitt's Creek with my daughter.
My wife and I are as well. We're on Season 6 and are trying to slow down, but they're so good we can't resist watching one after another.

Little b

Reaction score
I haven't zipped up a pair of pants in two weeks-- been sweat pants all day, every day. Also, the kids are home and I'm binge watching Schitt's Creek with my daughter.
Ya that show was a hoot .... read that their uber fans who come and visit the town where it was filmed are called `Schitt Heads' !!

glynch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The company I work for is actually paying us while we are off for two weeks.

Also, did a live Facebook show last Saturday with a band I fill in with all the time. We never dropped below 100 watchers at a time through the whole hour and a half and it's had almost 5000 views.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Another plus.... I had a gig planned for April 4th which is canceled of course...so instead will be able to celebrate 22nd years of marriage with my wife at home
Congrats! Our 9th anniversary is April 2nd. We didn't have a gig, but looks like we're staying in. Honestly, we probably would have stayed in anyway.

My day to day isn't much different than before. I watch the kiddo while my wife's at her job, then we just hang out in the evenings when I'd normally be going to my gigs. I work on projects around the house and do woodworking on her days off or during my son's naps.

I did a live stream with our guitarist last Tuesday. That made us as much money as a regular gig, so that's helpful. We're doing a full band stream this Sunday at our regular Sunday spot, and next week our singer and I will start doing streams. Been selling more merch, so that's nice too.

69OysterBlue

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have a birthday on April 3rd that will be spent quietly at home with my wife - no kids, which will be a bit of a bummer.

I also retire after working at the same company for 43 years on April 22 so my final month of work has been really bizarre. I feel like a High School senior that got expelled a month before graduation. I'm going to miss out on all of the emotional good-byes and slightly inappropriate hugs from all of the secretaries

Best thing that has happened is that I'm teaching my niece's 8 year old son drum lessons via video messages and Facetime which has turned out to be really fun.

bubo

Reaction score
Small music stores start massive Online-Activity due to shops closed for public.
Dig out some gooddies that might have been hidden for years, so an 80s Tama Superstar Floortom Ø20" x 18", Mahagoni, in almost new condition for a quite reasonable price.
Finally got that one. :)

Last edited:

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I started giving drum lessons to this total babe!

She’s focused. More of a math player in that she seriously counts continuously, but quite dedicated. And, did I mention she’s a Total Babe?

I know there is this whole “ethical” thing around here about “banging your students” but I’m short and myopic and dorky and have learned to use anything I can to my advantage, and being a drummer is at the top of the list.

I swear pandemic or not, we are going to hook up. ...if I can only get our preschooler to stop climbing in our bed in the middle of the night.

BennyK

DFO Star
Reaction score
This tank o gas is lasting a loooong time .

Bongo Brad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Gas is cheaper than it’s been in like 20 years, and I have nowhere to go.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Tell me about it - I had a 2-2.5 hr a day commute (round trip)

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
No suits, no shaving, no problem!!!

I finally put up the big screen in our game room and we have family movie night almost daily! ET, Star Wars, Raiders, Top Gun, Ferris, Disney flicks, etc. I also get to home teach both kids and play basketball daily with them when it's not raining.....thankfully all of us are safe and sound.

Better than the alternatives....

Latest posts