OT: Positive Experiences From "All Of This"....

drummerjohn333

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I started giving drum lessons to this total babe!

She’s focused. More of a math player in that she seriously counts continuously, but quite dedicated. And, did I mention she’s a Total Babe?

I know there is this whole “ethical” thing around here about “banging your students” but I’m short and myopic and dorky and have learned to use anything I can to my advantage, and being a drummer is at the top of the list.

I swear pandemic or not, we are going to hook up. ...if I can only get our preschooler to stop climbing in our bed in the middle of the night.
We're all wondering.....does this happen to be your wife and you are being clever ("our preschooler")?

drummerjohn333

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a birthday on April 3rd that will be spent quietly at home with my wife - no kids, which will be a bit of a bummer.

I also retire after working at the same company for 43 years on April 22 so my final month of work has been really bizarre. I feel like a High School senior that got expelled a month before graduation. I'm going to miss out on all of the emotional good-byes and slightly inappropriate hugs from all of the secretaries

Best thing that has happened is that I'm teaching my niece's 8 year old son drum lessons via video messages and Facetime which has turned out to be really fun.
Who can smell a delayed retirement party at the office? (No implications intended)-a legendary teacher/coach in my community died last week at 86. "Funeral arrangements are pending". I predict a huge funeral at the high school when this is all over.
Point is - yeah, loss of the "literal last day" - but that should not steal the formailties from you (or your co-workers). Congrats - Upward and onward....hope you find your next purpose(s). Time is precious, despite eternity.

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Im in construction, still an essential activity, so I still go to the office every day. My commute went from 35 min to 20. But more importantly, I am very lucky that we still have work to do, unlike millions of others who've been caught out by this disaster.

LBCD

Reaction score
No. 1 for me and my wife is having our kids home from college...playing games and watching movies just like the old days. I've been off work since 1/10/20 having trigger release surgery on the base of my middle finger, I was supposed to have had the index finger repaired too during this time but that is on hold for a now. I'm going through old recordings of old bands I was in and transferring the vinyl and cassette stuff into my laptop and making slide shows for youtube. I also find myself BBQing in the morning and afternoon where it was usually just afterwork but I ain't complaining we are trying to stay healthy and staying in lockdown for now.

michaelocalypse

Reaction score
I think a few people have started to notice that certain "official sources" and "authorities" can't be trusted. It's nice to see people start doing their own homework for once, even if it's only a very few people.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think a few people have started to notice that certain "official sources" and "authorities" can't be trusted. It's nice to see people start doing their own homework for once, even if it's only a very few people.
There are tons of “certain sources” that can’t be trusted ... flip the switch.
For those of us that were born before the wind, we take it all with a grain of salt and have been thinking for ourselves long before this script.

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
we're on day 6 of isolation .... we live in a condo sub division , people here are great .. they get us food , and whatever else we need .... i get to play my drums whenever i want .... chase the wife around the house ....
Well,yeah...!
Lol

bbunks

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a birthday on April 3rd that will be spent quietly at home with my wife - no kids, which will be a bit of a bummer.

I also retire after working at the same company for 43 years on April 22 so my final month of work has been really bizarre. I feel like a High School senior that got expelled a month before graduation. I'm going to miss out on all of the emotional good-byes and slightly inappropriate hugs from all of the secretaries

Best thing that has happened is that I'm teaching my niece's 8 year old son drum lessons via video messages and Facetime which has turned out to be really fun.

Happy Birthday!!

BennyK

DFO Star
Reaction score

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
It feels so much safer cycling on the road, and hiking trails are nearly deserted. Except for the mountain bikes. Which is a little odd given the road situation. But I'm a skinny tire guy.