OT: Pro Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love football and am glad it's back. The pros seem to have done a good job with testing and keeping everyone covid-free so far, but I'm more skeptical that college football will make it through the whole season.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Houston fan but didn't watch it last night at all. I knew for one thing we were going to get beat, guess I had better things to watch. I'll watch on Sundays though I'm sure.

Squirrel Man

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the Golden Knights (they lost), more of a hockey fan than a football fan.

Used to be a huge NFL fan, watched or followed every game but the league lost me along the way as a fan for a number of reasons.

I'll watch Steeler games if they're on network, otherwise I just follow the box scores anymore. Too much in life to do anyway.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A few years ago I realized that as I was just sitting there watching other people do cool stuff, I could just go do cool stuff myself. I have friends who's lives are controlled by when the games come on, especially those in fantasy leagues. I'm really happy to be free of that.

Squirrel Man

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I realized that as I was just sitting there watching other people do cool stuff, I could just go do cool stuff myself. I have friends who's lives are controlled by when the games come on, especially those in fantasy leagues. I'm really happy to be free of that.
Right, same reason I never understood fishing programs.

Watching someone catching fish when you could be... wait for it...

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's keep it civil please if you don't like football skip this thread please. If not we'll lock it like we have to every time a few people have to add their opinions in a way that breaks the rules of this forum.

Hemant

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I am happy it is back. I am cautiously optimistic that they can make it through an entire season between the daily testing and the contact tracing bracelets they have issued to players, coaches and personnel. Hopefully some of the best practices and leanings on protocols can start to be invested in and scaled to other industries outside of sports.

As a Baltimore Ravens fans - I am aggressively optimistic about the team's championship potential and the trajectory of reigning NFL MVP Lamar Jackson in only his second year as a full-time starter. As a fan, it would have been tough to lose a full season of his rookie contract and watching his continued growth. I do not think that young man has come close to his ceiling yet - and it will be exciting to watch his talent on display and continue to rocket.

Squirrel Man

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go browns!
So I grew up in Pittsburgh and I remember the original Steelers/Browns rivalry, those were the good old days.

And I have to tell you a joke, sorry - can't help myself.

Guy is walking along the Erie beach and stumbles on something in the sand. Pulls it out and wipes it off, it's a lamp and a genie appears and offers him 1 wish for freeing him from the bottle. So the guy pulls a map out of his pocket and says "look, this is the Middle East, a region of conflict and bloodshed for centuries, I want you to bring peace to this region". The genie says "that is not within my powers, make another wish" so the guy says "well, I've been a lifelong Browns fan and I've never seen them win a Superbowl, I want the Browns to win the Superbowl this year".

The genie then says "...let me see that map again".

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Y’all don’t find the four-hour NFL games ... I don’t know, incredibly boring?
I started to when I stopped watching. Combination of years of rule changes, more replays, too many commercial breaks. Just got to be too much getting in the way of the game. It would have helped if the Cowboys had a good season in the past two decades.

JDZ

Asst. Manager, rhythm section
Reaction score
As far as last night goes, I was wondering what effect playing no pre-season games would have. For that game, both teams seemed pretty tight. Surprising.

...and now for the Browns...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts