OT: Pro Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m a lifelong Chiefs fan . I had rehearsal but caught the 4th quarter .

I’m proud of our players for the direction they are taking ....
Half of my family is from Bonner Springs, if you’re from the KS side.

JazzyJeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Lifelong Pittsburgh Steelers fan - grew up in Western PA. I’ll watch this year, but the game has gotten progressively worse. Touch someone the wrong way and it’s a flag. I miss the old days when it was good to hit the opposing QB.
Hockey is much more entertaining.

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I started to when I stopped watching. Combination of years of rule changes, more replays, too many commercial breaks. Just got to be too much getting in the way of the game.
Yes I remember when they just played a more rough and tumble game of football and when the officials made a call, it stuck, and the game went on. Fast paced football with animated coaches, great plays without so many delays, crazy fans staying 'till the end in terrible weather even when their team was losing, not as much commentary and TV time-outs - That was some good footall.

Yes I realize I'm showing my age.

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My sister lived in Bonner Springs for several years
Crazy. My grandparents owned a farm that mom and her siblings grew up on there. She didn’t have running water until 3rd grade and went to a two room school house until 8th grade My mom’s a Baby Boomer so it’s quite odd for her generation.

Here’s a picture of one of me on the farm as a kid. They tried their best to make me a Royals fan, but the Phillies won out though I do root for the Royals other than in 1980. :)

B91B1B6E-D477-4D66-91E6-FF5D399DD88B.jpeg

850415A9-AB81-478F-9607-EF2250850283.jpeg

Hemant

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Watching last night, I learned that I can't enjoy the game if I don't like the players anymore. Just sayin.......
Interesting, I had the opposite reaction, I really enjoyed the game because I like the players a whole lot more. I can't wait to see much more on Sunday, just sayin'......

bolweevil

DFO Master
Reaction score
A buddy is coming over to watch the Packers/Vikings at noon--we are ordering pizza, drinking beverages, etc. We're Packers fans--I always get nervous when they play in Minnesota.

Hemant

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Look up the stats and get back to me? Send a PM. Ace
Some issues are more important than any Thursday overnight Nielsen stats. I'm out - have a full day of BBQ, NFL watching with family and looking forward to it Watch, don't watch, whatever -- in any event I hope you have a great Sunday. Peace.

noreastbob

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I used to be a HUGE fan. Bled NYG Blue!
Between the rule changes, the big money atmosphere and the politicization by the coddled players, it seems like one of the last vestiges of good clean fun and lighthearted pure entertainment has been hijacked and is going down the road to "who cares" mediocrity. No... I didn't watch and will be cutting, splitting, and stacking firewood today.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
rhythmace said:
Watching last night, I learned that I can't enjoy the game if I don't like the players anymore. Just sayin.......
Interesting, I had the opposite reaction, I really enjoyed the game because I like the players a whole lot more. I can't wait to see much more on Sunday, just sayin'......

Kindest Regards,
Hemant

Pretty much sums up things at the moment.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched NFL in years and sure wouldn't watch it now..................

I've slowed WAY down on watching NFL football. You couldn't hardly pay me to watch college football unless Indiana University is actually decent.

I watch my Colts. . . . . .but I absolutely CANNOT STAND P.Rivers. He threw 20 INTs last season. I would've picked Kaepernick everyday of the week over Rivers and twice on Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:

m_anderson

Reaction score
Gotcha beat...I lost interest when Georgia sold the Rams. :laughing6:
Well, I got you beat. I lost interest when The Colts left Baltimore. Will never forget all those Mayflower trucks on the news that morning. I never watched The Ravens until the 2001 Super Bowl. So I literally did not watch football for 17 years. Right now I work with Johnny Unitas' son, Ken Unitas. Great guy with a lot of interesting stories about his dad.

Last edited:

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love Washington’s new name & uniforms. Go Iggles!

Honestly, I have not cared about any sport besides baseball for close to 15 years now. I’m more interested in the history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts