OT - Random conversation thread

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Random whatever, what are you doing, what's going on and all that.

I wish my cat would die. 10 years old, he's lived a good life. I give him love and all that but he's outgrowing his stay. Fatass, all he does is eat, barf, crap. Barfs all over the place, usually picks area rugs or carpets instead of the 90% hardwood floor we have.

I have chickens, 7 of them. Used to be 8 but one, the biggest one too "goldie" suddenly died. Wish I could trade that for this cat. Stupid cat will live forever I'm sure.

Giving him love right now though, my arms are all scratched up.

Carry on...

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging

I wish my cat would die. 10 years old, he's lived a good life. I give him love and all that but he's outgrowing his stay. Fatass, all he does is eat, barf, crap. Barfs all over the place, usually picks area rugs or carpets instead of the 90% hardwood floor we have.

I have chickens, 7 of them. Used to be 8 but one, the biggest one too "goldie" suddenly died. Wish I could trade that for this cat. Stupid cat will live forever I'm sure.

Giving him love right now though, my arms are all scratched up.

Carry on...
C0946ADB-8B07-45B3-B4A0-631B03B3DB9D.jpeg

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Slow night in the high desert huh? ;-)

Cats can be awesome but can also be major A-holes. Had a few of both in my time. The last one I had was called Steve, a lean mean killing machine that obliterated every living varmin in a 200 yards radius around my house but he'd still be uber chill in the house, best darn cat I've ever had. I miss the little bugger. But my last long term lady partner took off with both the cat AND the dog and I haven't picked a new one of either yet.

I'm spending the w-e with my 12 y/o daughter who's turning into the coolest mini chick I know. She used the pandemic downtime to learn to play bass. We got this game on playstation 4 that's called Rocksmith wich is a Guitar Hero type deal that you control with a true instrument via a special 1/4 jack. You can either play lead guitar, rythm or bass. And the catalog of songs/add-ons you can buy to learn is quite impressive.

The rate at wich she's learning is just mind boggling. It quite warms my heart to see her with her biting he lip and furrowing her brow while rockin' Another one bites the dust ,The Strokes' Someday or Bill Withers' Lovely day on her short scale SG bass. This is one game I will never tell her to stop playing to go outside...

Today I gave her another bass I had in a closet, a Jazz bass clone and I told her that her birthday gift was that she could customize it as she likes, paint it, wrap it, change pickups/hardware/pickguard, whatever and that I would help her all along the way. It really was priceless to see her browsing on AllParts and other sites, and searching the web for outlandish paint/design ideas.

She also told me she wants to learn to play drums (she already plays Billie Jean, half decently) but she wants to learn traditionnal grip. Don't know where that comes from cause I play matched and I don't listen to a lot of Jazz at home. But I made her watch a Joe Morello vid on YT and she told me she thought it was cool, much to my surprise.

Well that's about what's goin on around here.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time I open the basement door, it’s we’re hungry, we have to use the bathroom, these ropes are too tight. All would be much much more pleasant if they would just stop their caterwauling.
Dang neighbors.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had to go outside in my underwear and get my Morkie inside , I swear that butthole waits until I go to bed to run outside and bark at every dang noise ... And I was just about asleep ...12:25 here

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just had to go outside in my underwear and get my Morkie inside , I swear that butthole waits until I go to bed to run outside and bark at every dang noise ... And I was just about asleep ...12:25 here
That "appreciating everything about life after traumatic event" halo doesn't work on getting awoken mid-sleep by a crapping dog then? ;)

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That "appreciating everything about life after traumatic event" halo doesn't work on getting awoken mid-sleep by a crapping dog then? ;)
He wasn’t crapping , he barks at every dang noise outside . There is a cat that pesters him as well . I swear they know when I’m about asleep !!!
I’ve had one good nights sleep since my operation, I’m getting cranky .

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He wasn’t crapping , he barks at every dang noise outside . There is a cat that pesters him as well . I swear they know when I’m about asleep !!!
I’ve had one good nights sleep since my operation, I’m getting cranky .
I hear ya... There are anti barking collars that exist, some that zap a little unpleasant current, some that spray citronella mist. It is not the most kosher approach ever, but sleep is crucial for healing. Might want to look into that.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear ya... There are anti barking collars that exist, some that zap a little unpleasant current, some that spray citronella mist. It is not the most kosher approach ever, but sleep is crucial for healing. Might want to look into that.
Yeah I gotta do something, all these pills are having an effect on my mind .
I just started taking a pill to help me not have nightmares and I had intrusive thoughts the 1st night on it .
Did I mention the 8 hours I hallucinated in the hospital?? geez ....

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah I gotta do something, all these pills are having an effect on my mind .
I just started taking a pill to help me not have nightmares and I had intrusive thoughts the 1st night on it .
Did I mention the 8 hours I hallucinated in the hospital?? geez ....
Oh! Boy! I see, the brain is a fragile blob of fat, and the shock of an accident and the xtreme stress that comes with it sure can throw things out of whack for a little while. My ex suffered a massive concussion a few years ago and it changed her whole personnality, she didn't like the same food, the same music, she changed her social circle, changed careers. I hope you heal well and fully.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh! Boy! I see, the brain is a fragile blob of fat, and the shock of an accident and the xtreme stress that comes with it sure can throw things out of whack for a little while. My ex suffered a massive concussion a few years ago and it changed her whole personnality, she didn't like the same food, the same music, she changed her social circle, changed careers.
Dang ... Life can be fragile and brutal ..

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well, it is round one of the excessive BM’s that happen as a result of not having a colon any longer and I woke up to this thread.

My sister owns a cat cafe and has a constantly rotating cast of feline company. But my brother-in-law uses one of the seemingly eternal senior sick cats as an excuse to not accompany my sister on trips to see my parents.

@Squirrel Man have you considered that this cat could present opportunities to relieve yourself of in-law duties?

5 Style

DFO Star
Reaction score

Mt ex-girlfriend came with a very grumpy cat, that as cats do was constantly puking up various things. My prefered names for this animal were Pukapus and That Thing... which weren't really all that bad considering my GF called her Evil Kitty. I didn't even realize that she had any other name until I noticed it written in faint, worn out magic marker on the her plastic food container. I can't even remember what it was though... maybe Sylvia?

I prefer dogs...

Old PIT Guy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There are others, but two life lessons I've banked are give people a _ w i d e _ berth who hate one or both of their parents or wishes death on an animal under their care.

MrYikes

Reaction score
Stained my drums yesterday, then brought the shells inside the music room. The whole room stinks to high heaven now.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Already the fourth generation of crows we sort of adopted coupla years ago kick up a big fuss outside twice a day . We toss cubes of chicken hotdogs and peanuts out to them . I was watching as one speared a piece on his claw and started doing this one legged dance to try and shake it off , gave me an embarrassed look . Coincidentally my name , when translated literally from Polish means ' Ravenson ' . Too cool . Blue jays are agressive and noisy , but beautiful to look at and the Canada Geese are honking your way .

Grey squirrels have the calmest disposition . The red ones are real twitchy and jumpy . Pooky, our cat just watches and waits . All sorts of dramas happening around the house .

Been studying Samuel Huntington .... one paragraph at a time . He's a national treasure of yours , just like JJ Cale and Tadeusz Kosciuszko , Casimir Pulaski and Martin Luther King jr.

Yesterday turns into tomorrow, but it's always today . Yes ?

Last edited: