OT - Random conversation thread

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
You can say you wish for a cat to die. you can say it about an ex. But if you want the internet to go BSC and start doxing you, try saying dog instead of cat. And they say cat people are crazy ...

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can say you wish for a cat to die. you can say it about an ex. But if you want the internet to go BSC and start doxing you, try saying dog instead of cat. And they say cat people are crazy ...
Fair point

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever notice in medieval drawings like tapestries of things like kings and battle scenes that they all look like they were drawn by kindergarteners?

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
Ever notice in medieval drawings like tapestries of things like kings and battle scenes that they all look like they were drawn by kindergarteners?
Kindergarten prodigies maybe, and perhaps with some advanced, sophisticated sociopathy going on, but certainly talented.

697D6220-3215-474C-BBF1-1E73B541B38D.jpeg

I think the Bayeux Tapestry looks instead like an Edward Gorey book myself.

C9B67C2B-46BD-4964-B5C1-B123A0FCD76E.jpeg
9EF13788-4553-41F4-82C1-17DF5EBD679A.jpeg

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our cat, Buddy is being kept indoors for a few days. Normally, he explores and hunts within @ 1/8 mile around the house, but lately two different coyotes have been stalking him. He’s a young fella, about two years old and recently became very good at quickly climbing trees while chasing squirrels. Odds are his new skill helped him yesterday when I noticed a 35lb coyote checking his movements from the perimeter, more than once. A smaller coyote was around during the same time.

His sister was most likely picked off by a coyote about a year ago. The critters don’t usually hunt during the day, so the fires here in CA might have moved them from their normal habitat and routine.

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Forgot a doctor’s appointment and had a melt down, especially since my phone is not giving me messages in a timely manner any longer.

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot a doctor’s appointment and had a melt down, especially since my phone is not giving me messages in a timely manner any longer.
Yeah, technology doesn't work anymore, it's not you. A little empathy for what it's worth.

A gal I work with sent me a Halloween costume idea and I really want to get it.

So badly... hah!

1602819930686.png

piccupstix

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've got a 19 year old cat. I call him Sir Pukesalot, Vomitous, Cattling Gun, etc. I would never wish he would die. I get mad at him and then regret it. My wife and I are all he has and he's had a great life. He loves us back. We'll make his remaining, and gifted years, as pleasant as possible.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a 19 year old cat. I call him Sir Pukesalot, Vomitous, Cattling Gun, etc. I would never wish he would die. I get mad at him and then regret it. My wife and I are all he has and he's had a great life. He loves us back. We'll make his remaining, and gifted years, as pleasant as possible.
I make a lot of kitten jokes ... a lot!
A while back, I had a couple of chuckleheads here get offended that I’m cruel to my cats. I laughed ... Hard.

I don’t own a cat.

I am a writer (among other things) and enjoy the absurdity of kitten jokes ... taking something so cute and literarily (words) putting it into bizarre situations. Cracks me up. Some of the cutest classic WB cartoons involved that little black and white kitten in danger.

I would love to own cats. Can’t. Wife was allergic when we tried years ago.
I love cats.
I wish your cat the best and I am somewhat envious of your relationship with your cat.
Outstanding of you to give your cat such a deep love and a respectful life.
Good on ya.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
Some of the cutest classic WB cartoons involved that little black and white kitten in danger.
So popular, they get their own Wikipedia article! Holy crap.

Directed by arguably the best director of classic animation ever there was, Chuck Jones.

I remembered Mark Antony’s name, that’s how I looked them up. I certainly remember Claude the Cat. I never knew the kitten was called Pussyfoot.

By the way, that was the great Bea Benaderet (Betty Rubble) in the uncredited role as Mark Antony’s scolding mistress.

Great call back!

6F063C64-CFA9-45B4-9235-75A3B723ECA3.jpeg

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
So popular, they get their own Wikipedia article! Holy crap.

Directed by arguably the best director of classic animation ever there was, Chuck Jones.

I remembered Mark Antony’s name, that’s how I looked them up. I certainly remember Claude the Cat. I never knew the kitten was called Pussyfoot.

By the way, that was the great Bea Benaderet (Betty Rubble) in the uncredited role as Mark Antony’s scolding mistress.

Great call back!

View attachment 465189

Love those Pussyfoot cartoons. The best.
Bea is a legend!
I do quite a bit of VoiceOver work and have loved Bea’s work since childhood. The Flintstones and The Jetsons played a big part in my drive to work in animation.
I worked on a Disney short airing on this Huluween run. It’s a silly kids thing they are testing for a potential series (serial). I was hired to play five characters and most of the sound effects in it. It’s streaming. I LOVE animation. I’m in the process of writing and creating an animated sitcom series. I put the final words down on Episode Nine just today. It’s moving along at a good pace.
How the heck did we end up here?
Cat ... kitten jokes ... Pussyfoot ... Bea ... Voice Over ... Huluween ... series.
dang
wild.

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, it is round one of the excessive BM’s that happen as a result of not having a colon any longer and I woke up to this thread.

My sister owns a cat cafe and has a constantly rotating cast of feline company. But my brother-in-law uses one of the seemingly eternal senior sick cats as an excuse to not accompany my sister on trips to see my parents.

@Squirrel Man have you considered that this cat could present opportunities to relieve yourself of in-law duties?
There’s one in every family. If it ain’t the cat or feeding the dogs, it’s a migraine or a stomach issue. You can predict it like rain coming from a dark cloud.

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Learned a new word today, learning is fun. It's going to be a minor part of my vocabulary here on in.

Askhole - someone who asks you for advice but already had their mind made up and was only looking for confirmation of their decision.

Carry on...

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Had my yard core punched and over-seeded and fertilized one week ago. No new grass. Watering like crazy. No new grass. About to beat my head against the bloody wall.

Life is grand.