header.nohb.html

OT - Random conversation thread

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score

Aside from the irony I was kind of surprised at the following statistic cited in the article:

Each year, an estimated 7,000–8,000 people are bitten by venomous snakes in the U.S., but only about five of those people die.

I've only heard rattlesnakes - twice. They sound like a baby rattle. I've never seen one up close for a good reason, I get the hell out if I hear them.

Reactions: DBT

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plenty of rattlers in the Catskills . Big ones too .

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
Had a pretty good outing tonight in goal. Other goalie got creamed. It was bad for him. The team in front of me was superior to his team. I felt bad for him. Great guy. Didn’t deserve that.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
I popped in to the website through another browser without adblock and wow the ads.

One showed a woman's boobs with the caption "UNCENCORED".

I was very offended.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
My sixteen-year-old dog has started sneaking into seldom-used rooms in the house and taking dumps. Starting tonight, she's sleeping in a crate again (as she did for the first 14 years of her life before suddenly refusing to do it).

RogersLudwig

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ringo with Rory Storm and the Hurricanes
ringo.jpg

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
My sixteen-year-old dog has started sneaking into seldom-used rooms in the house and taking dumps. Starting tonight, she's sleeping in a crate again (as she did for the first 14 years of her life before suddenly refusing to do it).
Have you taken her to a vet?

My dog when I was a child started doing that later in life and it turned out to be an issue.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
Subbed in for another group last night. The teams were very lopsided. When us goalies switched ends, I felt like I could have won a Vezina! The first end I started on were very much out of position most of the time. I still have to save the goals, however. I also don’t let it get me down; after all, I could have very well not ever able to play hockey again back in 2018.

When we switched, the guy who went in my first end was SHELLED. I felt a lot better about the goals I let in.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kentucky Fried Fowl ?

No pseudonyms for squid or octopus, snails or oysters .... though I suppose you could impress your waiter by ordering escargot . The Brits have toad-in-a-hole and spotted dick and pope's nose ( turkey tail)

A la main left and a doe see doe . I think we're onto something here . English is a hybrid language that incorporates the weirdness of many others .

Last edited:

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Salt. Condiment or Spice? Please discuss.
Spice.

You season foods with spices, condiments are added to foods and are essentially foods themselves.

If you've never just ate a cup of ketchup you've never lived.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Interesting that the animal has an old English name but the meat of them is from the French language ... cow/beef ....pig/pork etc.
Waiter: "And what will the lady be having for dinner this evening?"

Woman: "Pig!"

Are chickens, ducks, fish exempt?