header.nohb.html

OT - Random conversation thread

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
We all know the speed of light and I have worked out the speed of dark. It's the same as the speed of light but in reverse.

No.15

Reaction score
It has been non stop rain here and it's supposed to continue for the next week :( really putting a damper on the progress of my workshop.

Let me ask you guys for opinions. Part of this are will be a band rehearsal space. Original plan was to put drywall on the ceiling, but I think if I leave it off it might sound better, less echo. Especially because of the foam on the ceiling, it's opencell. The wall foam is closed cell, so I am going to sheetrock the walls.

20221206_122629.jpg

20221206_122710.jpg

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not much , but it's all I have to think about .... by the way what do you think of me ?

Last edited:

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
I never knew Hellmann's and Real Foods were the same mayonnaise.

Lamontsdad

DFO Star
Reaction score

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score

McDonald's unveils new burger (in Canada)​

This sounds horrible. Canadian beef? Now I understand there is the Canadian nationalism philosophy there like where some percentage (50 I think) of broadcasting has to be Canadian based but is that the same for food? And I don't know if nationalism is the right word but it seems a little disingenuous to me when an American based company plays that card (if that's what they're doing, who knows) then uses "Carolina" BBQ sauce. Why not use Saskatchewan BBQ sauce?

And, reading the description, I'm sure McD's bastardized that BBQ sauce. Sweet and tangy? No doubt in my mind, just like the commercial BBQ sauce makers trashed their Carolina versions. If you've ever had authentic Carolina BBQ sauce you'll know what I mean.

I wonder if Canadians will embrace this.

1672078934371.png

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite the opposite , our lovely and talented prime minister is doing his best to make us ashamed of being burger eaters, beer drinkers , hunters, fishers ( ?!!) hockey players soldiers etc. you get the picture ? If he had his way we'd all be vegan donkey cart owners . Merry Christmas .

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Quite the opposite , our lovely and talented prime minister is doing his best to make us ashamed of being burger eaters, beer drinkers , hunters, fishers ( ?!!) hockey players soldiers etc. you get the picture ? If he had his way we'd all be vegan donkey cart owners . Merry Christmas .
Happy Boxing Day!

ppfd

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Logged out of Facebook about a week ago. I didn't think I spent as much time in that mind eating platform.
WoW! I can really tell a difference in my day being out of that place. I picked up a real book again and started reading, something I used to do regularly.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Who doesn't like a little salmonella?
How this video didn't get yanked is beyond me. Someone is going to try this and kill themselves.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
This is a super cool site. The desktop version gives you other options to guess like objects. Me and the ol'lady were playing with this last night.