OT - Random conversation thread

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woke up this morning with the song Lakeside Park in my head.

Spooky, in'it?

Old PIT Guy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not as spooky as the doozy of a nightmare I had not long ago where I was being chased by a big smelly hare down a rabbit hole that looked like an episode of Hoarders. And when I finally reached the den something putrid smacked me in the head with a blue bell and I awoke in a sweat.

Hypercaffium

Reaction score
I'm struggling to get a good sleep since I've quit smoking weed. It's been 3 days now. Luckily I'm a very active person who doesn't need to sleep that much.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been watching this vid, it's really amazing.

Couldn't think of a better thread than this one for this so it's here.

Random - half acre of yard trimming today and the front lawn grass choked the lawnmower. That was my kid's problem. I did the trimming and helped the ol'lady's garden stuff. Desert, it's a lot of work.

I know, who cares. Here's the video. It really is amazing.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here's another vid from this gal, she's amazing - at least from the standpoint from what I'm working on now. I totally relate to this, there are so many resources for stuff, too much but not enough from a practical point IMO like technique and how to work on it. Mostly folks showing off in videos and not enough practicality, meh...

Anyway...

I made a leftover spicy sausage and egg casserole with lots of cheese, 18 eggs and canned green chilis. I have too many eggs, the girls are cranking them out. Nobody complained and it's almost gone.

...who cares, here's the vid

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So here's another vid from this gal, she's amazing - at least from the standpoint from what I'm working on now. I totally relate to this, there are so many resources for stuff, too much but not enough from a practical point IMO like technique and how to work on it. Mostly folks showing off in videos and not enough practicality, meh...

Anyway...

I made a leftover spicy sausage and egg casserole with lots of cheese, 18 eggs and canned green chilis. I have too many eggs, the girls are cranking them out. Nobody complained and it's almost gone.

...who cares, here's the vid

Good find! I just did 5 minutes of the sticks on the forearm thing... I feel the burn!!! I def need something to whip my fingers into action: I put waaaaay too much wrist and arm motion into my playing. Much more than I need to. And this is something you can do anywhere, anytime without disturbing anyone. Brilliant!!!

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the member video and audio section of the forum seems to be a bit of a mystery to some here (I think it's great, I check it all the time for member vids and stuff) maybe the forum should be headed (stealing this from Dante's Inferno):

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got an email with a link to the 50th Reunion book for my West Point class. It had a page for every classmate and a section for those deceased. I read about two friends from my old company, D-4, aka Delta Quad, who died. I cried. I'm getting old enough that my friends are dropping like flies.

Last edited:

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The house I just bought is a corner lot with a big double lot back yard for a town house. It's nice that I can play my kit with heads on it because it's in the front corner, church across one way and grade school across the other. Street is 15mph school limit but it's part of the ATV route through town which I like because I have ATV's. Just bought a new Kodiak 450 for my 17yr old, had it out yesterday on the trails. Granny ride, breaking it in.

Lawn is big-ish, it goes around on two sides and the yard is junk, going to sod it maybe next year, it's all scrub and weeds. It used to have a great grassy yard with a big oak tree in it, I don't know what the previous owners had in mind but they basically shut the water system off and let all the grass die so it's just dust and scrub. Took the tree out and left the stump (which was brutal to remove but it's gone).

Weed wackers, I never had to do much trimming and wacking, I have a battery powered B&D and an electric corded one. Tried both on the... weeds, tall grass, thick desert stuff - they're huge and thick, ain't cutting it. So I just got a 30cc 4 stroke Craftsman wacker. Set it up, got a little stabilizer in the gas and ran it today, son mowed.

This thing left a trail of destruction wherever I took it, blasted everything out of the ground. I made the mistake of wearing shorts on this first venture (90's today) and my shins look like someone shotgun blasted me. I'm happy that it starts fairly easy for a 4 stroke, first pull once it's been warmed up but I have to wear jeans next time and junk boots, the shrapnel is massive.

Got the two generators running great too after a few years in the shed. For the camper, going to do some camping this year finally after a bit of a hiatus.