OT rant, what's yours?

DavedrumsTX

Reaction score
I took the wife shopping in Michael's craft store in Bloomington yesterday. She bought $300 worth of Halloween stuff. This morning she opened a box and it was empty (the item was used in the display). I drove her back today and the display item was gone and of course there were no more items in stock. The basic comments I received when I talked to the clerk (the manager doesn't come to work until 1 or 2pm): Sucks, here's your refund, Next. BTW, I was the only shopper in the store and it is a 30 mile drive to the store. My wife is upset. My home life is not good when my wife is upset. Her stomach did not feel good so she wanted a 7up, the convenience store was out of stock, I drove to Menards in Columbus to get some tree spikes (I have to cut down a 60 foot oak tree, so I have to climb it), they were out of stock. Then the wife wanted a couple of sun visors for the cars, they were out of stock. Then I took her to Sams Club and 5 items were out of stock that she wanted.
Rant over. What's yours?
Send a letter the Michael’s CEO. I know this will not be taken lightly

eaglewing59

Reaction score
I took the wife shopping in Michael's craft store in Bloomington yesterday. She bought $300 worth of Halloween stuff. This morning she opened a box and it was empty (the item was used in the display). I drove her back today and the display item was gone and of course there were no more items in stock. The basic comments I received when I talked to the clerk (the manager doesn't come to work until 1 or 2pm): Sucks, here's your refund, Next. BTW, I was the only shopper in the store and it is a 30 mile drive to the store. My wife is upset. My home life is not good when my wife is upset. Her stomach did not feel good so she wanted a 7up, the convenience store was out of stock, I drove to Menards in Columbus to get some tree spikes (I have to cut down a 60 foot oak tree, so I have to climb it), they were out of stock. Then the wife wanted a couple of sun visors for the cars, they were out of stock. Then I took her to Sams Club and 5 items were out of stock that she wanted.
Rant over. What's yours?
I know the feeling brother. Welcome to the pandemic. Everything is out of stock!

miracle419

Reaction score
In this era of pandemic-related shortages it's always best to call a store to verify their stock before driving any distance to buy something specific.
Most places I've called like Target, Sam's, Meijer, etc have a recording stating that due to recent circumstances they are unable to verify stock over the phone.

OZjazzer

Reaction score
I redid our kitchen/laundry room two years ago.

My wife wanted Samsung Appliance because they came out with a black stainless steel finish.

Ok, fine.

Since then, not long after the warranty expired; I have fixed the washing machine 3 or 4 times; new heating element, thermostat, some odd sensor and ultimately a new motor.

The refrigerator has a defective ice maker. Apparently this is a thing and even has its own Facebook page where people are filing against Samsung in small claims court and issuing complaints against the BBB in New Jersey.

About two months ago our 2 Year old Samsung dishwasher stopped working. The message boards said the shut the breaker off for a bit. I thought that was nonsense but it worked! Until it didn’t. I put a new control panel in it and that fixed the problem.....until it didn’t. Now we are shopping for a new dishwasher except no one has any in stock because of some pandemic.

Three days ago my wife was cooking dinner and our Samsung dual fuel stove started making a hell of a racket. Apparently the convection stove fan went.

I told my wife to deal with it and have been drinking slightly more than I usually do.

Do not buy Samsung appliances.
Bosch. We’ve finally switched all our major appliances over. They look good. Work great. And they don’t breakdown.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Heavy Traffic.

Doesn't even have to be heavy. A few weeks back, I was slowing down at a yellow light, 2-lane highway going both ways. . .I here this engine about to blow. The idiot in the semi truck with trailer behind me, decided he didn't want to wait. BLEW right through the red light. Plain ole stupid. People are just angry on the F'n roads. Sometimes it's a little scary.

Oh, and I hate my glasses steaming up when I wear my mask. :dontknow:

cruddola

Reaction score
Rant over. What's yours?
Take the week off, you've earned it.

Stretsch

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Too funny. I just put a new dishwasher in yesterday.

View attachment 455224
Too funny. I went through 2 Samsung dishwashers in less than 7 years. First one replaced out of Warrantee (after a ton of fighting), second they gave me back $400 (also after a ton of fighting). I put the money towards a Bosch. So far my whole family loves it! It does a great job - cleanest dishes I've ever had from a DW and super quiet too.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another rant of mine is like others here. People not using turn signals. Being on a bike 3-4 times a week, this practice (or lack of practice) endangers my life. I always ride in a defensive mode.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Rant over. What's yours?
At least you got your money back. Yup, welcome to the pandemic. Everyone is affected.

Jazz Turkey

Reaction score
Speeding.
I have tried to come to terms with it by thinking this is a common beginner driver mistake. Similar to a beginner drummer with no dynamic control, a lack of driving skill is shown by an inability to show restraint and drive the speed limit.
But it's still annoying.

You want to go fast? Go to a closed track or take up a speed sport (skiing, biking, etc). Plenty of opportunity to scare yourself sh!tless at a track.

On a public road, please try to show some respect and obey the rules of the road.

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I hate reality TV. Whether it's with celebrities, people who want to be celebrities or just chumps who want to build off the grid. The shows are so phony, so obviously staged and the conversations are fatally fake. The only shows I can remotely stomach are with Chip and Joanna Gaines. Even though they've built an empire based on themselves, as far as people, they seem the most real. For what that's worth. LOL