OT Restored My "Vintage" Weber Gas Grill

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Smogcity said:
Note that you don't have to buy the parts directly from Weber. There are at least three great barbecue parts stores on the web, and they sell authentic Weber parts at highly discounted prices.
Which one/s have you had the best luck with?
Amazon and whoever has the best prices today! I can't find the other company I used, so not sure if they vanished or not.

drummerbill

DFO Master
Reaction score
We have the same grill purchased around 1998. I have resprayed the cover a few times and replaced the flavoriser bars a few times. Biggest issue is the spider babbies clogging the three gas tubes. Messy job. BTW
Wife mentions purchasing a new shiny one, and I mention how parts are still available and how the Weber "goes and goes" !! :icon_smile:
During the five year bumper to bumper warranty the repair guy replaced two covers due to minor paint chipping and gave us a few spare ignitors, still in the box !! {I have all the parts and extra covers in the attic. Love the folks at Weber, and most parts can be had on-line, at Home Depot, or the local gas grill house !}

Big_D

Reaction score
Great Job!! Ihad the same grill in black for 15 years and I loved it but a bad burner heated the side of the grill and frame too much. The powder coat on the frame blistered, rain water got in and rusted the frame through so I junked it 3 years ago. Glad you've been able to hang onto yours!!

Too Many Drums - NAH!

Reaction score
Hey Tommy,
Great job on refurbishing your trusty ol' Weber grille. It looks great and will no doubt give you another 18 years of trouble-free service. I see you have a car under a cover. What is it?
Thanks for sharing the photos. Very cool.
Tom