OT: Reverb Suspension - Dazed & Confused

Frank Godiva

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Starting in 1980 with the introduction of the Signature Series; Sonor offered a 10 year warranty on all drums and hardware as part of the multi-thousand dollar new purchase you just made from an authorized dealer. Any authorized dealer worldwide could handle your warranty claim if needed.

3CF24AD3-5ACC-473D-A405-B22946DA87C9.jpeg

Ox Han

Reaction score
This is what has tripped me up in the past, and it's the reason I absolutely refuse to ship full drum kits now.
Tell me about it… Shipping a drum set as some random person selling A drum kit is a fools errand.

I guess you could nest them and use one box, but you’ll need to make copious offerings to the shipping gods and possibly go on the lam for the sacrifice they may require. Either way, it’s the sellers loss

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it… Shipping a drum set as some random person selling A drum kit is a fools errand.

I guess you could nest them and use one box, but you’ll need to make copious offerings to the shipping gods and possibly go on the lam for the sacrifice they may require. Either way, it’s the sellers loss
There's lots of truth to this but on the other hand there are many instances of successful shipments that granted both entities some serenity. I've been blessed with that luck so far. I've shipped probably a dozen drum sets over the years with very good success. One member on here got a kit from me a few years ago. The awesome batter head I shipped got split somehow. It wasn't even on an exposed edge so not sure how that happened.

I'm living on the edge at the moment as my last shipment (the Oak Customs) are on their way to California. I'll either be pleasantly relieved or starting a new battle with FedEx. Wish me and the buyer luck.

robthedrummer

Reaction score
I really don’t know how that makes any sense. I have always listed everything as is and below the cost of what I paid. How is an item used when it’s still in the factory packing and never been touched?
The Reverb policy seems correct and within their rights. It may be 'New' in your mind, but from a legal standpoint, you bought it from a store. It is therefore not new. Same with a car. You buy it new, drive it off the lot, and bingo, it's used. The dealer will be happy to buy back your 'used' car, minus a few thousand that you paid for it.

Describe the item as 'mint' and say in the description that you bought it, but it's unused. What's the problem?

sixplymaple

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Reverb policy seems correct and within their rights. It may be 'New' in your mind, but from a legal standpoint, you bought it from a store. It is therefore not new. Same with a car. You buy it new, drive it off the lot, and bingo, it's used. The dealer will be happy to buy back your 'used' car, minus a few thousand that you paid for it.

Describe the item as 'mint' and say in the description that you bought it, but it's unused. What's the problem?
Yeah, but buying a car is completely different. They don’t come in factory packaging and they record miles. Obviously if you put mileage on a car and it’s exposed to the elements it’s used. It’s not the same thing.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If I'm buying a snare for $300 and I have a choice of getting it for that price from Sweetwater or Joe Lopenyahtz from East Kabumslap guess who I'm going to buy it from?

noreastbob

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The correct label for what you describe is "New in Box", but it is a category of "used"
Or, "Packaging unopened" or "factory seal unbroken" etc.
I thought I read on one of the posts that you only opened these new items to look at them or see them, but I can't find that comment now. Now all post state, "never opened."
Maybe I imagined that... but I still have to wonder why you buy stuff never to even open it so you can sell it for less.....

Last edited:

sixplymaple

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm buying a snare for $300 and I have a choice of getting it for that price from Sweetwater or Joe Lopenyahtz from East Kabumslap guess who I'm going to buy it from?
What is Joe Schmoe has that same new snare for $250?

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What is Joe Schmoe has that same new snare for $250?
I guess that's my point, that might be the price point that causes me to take a chance on Schmoe.

Moral of my story - if you have an unopened item, don't really expect to sell it at the going market rate even though technically it's "brand new".

goodcat1337

Reaction score
There's lots of truth to this but on the other hand there are many instances of successful shipments that granted both entities some serenity. I've been blessed with that luck so far. I've shipped probably a dozen drum sets over the years with very good success. One member on here got a kit from me a few years ago. The awesome batter head I shipped got split somehow. It wasn't even on an exposed edge so not sure how that happened.

I'm living on the edge at the moment as my last shipment (the Oak Customs) are on their way to California. I'll either be pleasantly relieved or starting a new battle with FedEx. Wish me and the buyer luck.
Yeah that was me! It was the Turquoise Sparkle Silverstar bop kit right? It had a black super kick head that got ripped somehow.

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was me! It was the Turquoise Sparkle Silverstar bop kit right? It had a black super kick head that got ripped somehow.
YES!!! I never forgot about that. I went back through my records to contact you about that after some serious reflection. I was unable to find you. Can I make it up to you somehow?