header.nohb.html

OT: SNOW!

Mr B

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Seems like we've been getting 3 to 6 inches every other day lately, it's the snowiest winter I can remember in quite awhile.

I've lost track of how much is on the ground, but for scale the urn in the first pic has a 19" rim...

-Kirk

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
expecting some accumulation here tonight. we hardly ever get snow.

mike

Drumjinx

Drum manufacturer
Reaction score
Not snowing here in California....but it does bring to mind my favorite snow video....and it is appropriate for Christmas.
:smile:

Sonorholic

DFO Master
Reaction score
We've just got a little on the ground now, but that's supposed to change big time later today. We'll see how it goes.

homeby5

DFO Star
Reaction score
We are suppose to get 7-11" here where I grew up in Tidewater Va. Nice change from the Keys :-D

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
we get snow every few years or so. we just got a nice dusting this morning. still snowing a little.here's the view looking out our front door.

mike

JohnG

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
We are expecting 10-12 inches today into tomorrow morning....that means I get called in to work for 12 hr shifts...ho ho ho....

Drum Kat

Honorary DFO Ambassador
Staff member
Reaction score
Well we had a White Christmas in Tennessee! it's rarer than hen's teeth! this is only the 2nd one in my lifetime. So, it made it a perfect Christmas, indeed!

JDZ

Asst. Manager, rhythm section
Reaction score
I LOVE the snow.....and it covers up all the dirt and brown grass!

Dave

shilohjim

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's funny, since the Steelers played on Thursday, I've been watching all the different games on the Sunday Ticket and every one of the announcers has been lambasting Philly Mayor Michael Nutter. They postponed tonight's Eagles-Vikings game because of snow. And there's not even 1/2 inch on the ground, talk about jumping the gun. Philly is only getting 8-12 inches at the most anyway. Just another f-up for the most imcompetent mayor in the U.S. For Christsakes, they played the 1947 Championship Game in the worst blizzard in area history when there was nearly 4 feet of snow. The roads are totally passable, and people in PHilly are confined to their houses because this moron declared a "Snow State of Emergency", meaning only "essential" vehicles are allowed on the road.

SteveB

DFO Star
Reaction score
here's a couple more...

mike

Looks like a real nice spot Mike! Up here on the coast of NH we're suppose to get nailed..20 inches give or take. We also have a lake effect deal going on here where a storm will swim around in the gulf of Maine and come right back around and hit us again. I can't tell you how many times we have been completely plowed out only to get another 5 to 6 on top of it. A few towns in and they get nothing.

So far...nothing, but it's pretty gloomy out there with a stiff wind. It sure feels like snow.

eddiej

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's funny, since the Steelers played on Thursday, I've been watching all the different games on the Sunday Ticket and every one of the announcers has been lambasting Philly Mayor Michael Nutter. They postponed tonight's Eagles-Vikings game because of snow. And there's not even 1/2 inch on the ground, talk about jumping the gun. Philly is only getting 8-12 inches at the most anyway. Just another f-up for the most imcompetent mayor in the U.S. For Christsakes, they played the 1947 Championship Game in the worst blizzard in area history when there was nearly 4 feet of snow. The roads are totally passable, and people in PHilly are confined to their houses because this moron declared a "Snow State of Emergency", meaning only "essential" vehicles are allowed on the road.

This storm will be at its peak intensity during the game. Had the NFL not "Flexed" the game, it would have gone off at 1pm. Also, there is
a significant chance for "Thunder Snow" (thunder/lightning during a snowstorm) in the forecast. Under current NFL rules, games are stopped during a thunderstorm. Thunder snow is rare in Philly, but not unheard of.

Philly's mayor (not the worst but certainly not the best - a discussion for another day) may have overreacted, but the NFL made the right call in rescheduling the game.