OT (sort of) - Reverb

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have a couple items listed on Reverb. Check this out, I get an order from someone, I'm only notified by these messages:

Hey I just purchased your XXXXXXXX. If you can expedite the shipping and do overnight I will pay the difference via cashapp just let me know .

I purchase it via guest account email (email address here) sorry for the confusion

Here's the funky part, I'm pretty sure this is a scam. Reverb has a message on my account saying "verifying payment, may take up to 72 - please wait to ship until then". Their customer service is pretty clunky so I emailed them saying this is a scam, please cancel the order and relist my listing. Apparently they can't figure this out, they're telling me that the payment was made.

Or maybe this isn't a scam but I doubt it. The buyer's profile shows zero items sold, zero items purchased.

digovii

Reaction score
That sounds pretty suspect imo. I would just reply to the buyer and tell them you're waiting for the payment to clear. They can get in touch with Reverb support if it is that big of a deal. Then if (and that's a big if) the payment clears, it's on Reverb at that point and not you.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds pretty suspect imo. I would just reply to the buyer and tell them you're waiting for the payment to clear. They can get in touch with Reverb support if it is that big of a deal. Then if (and that's a big if) the payment clears, it's on Reverb at that point and not you.
Great idea, thanks. Doing just that.

amosguy

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if payment clears Reverb, what do they do if the payment is later refused - typical scam payment system. Are you out the payment or is Reverb responsible since they accepted payment?

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh that stinks, man. I haven’t run into this one before. Hope you get it cleared up and let us know what happens!

digovii

Reaction score
Even if payment clears Reverb, what do they do if the payment is later refused - typical scam payment system. Are you out the payment or is Reverb responsible since they accepted payment?
If Reverb clears the payment then it would be on Reverb to refund/deal with any issues that would arise from a scam later on. Since the payment is working through getting "cleared" - I am sure they are dotting their I's and crossing their T's to make sure all parties involved are covered.

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So I have a couple items listed on Reverb. Check this out, I get an order from someone, I'm only notified by these messages:

Hey I just purchased your XXXXXXXX. If you can expedite the shipping and do overnight I will pay the difference via cashapp just let me know .

I purchase it via guest account email (email address here) sorry for the confusion

Here's the funky part, I'm pretty sure this is a scam. Reverb has a message on my account saying "verifying payment, may take up to 72 - please wait to ship until then". Their customer service is pretty clunky so I emailed them saying this is a scam, please cancel the order and relist my listing. Apparently they can't figure this out, they're telling me that the payment was made.

Or maybe this isn't a scam but I doubt it. The buyer's profile shows zero items sold, zero items purchased.
IMO, anything through Cashapp on Reverb is a scam.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's what you get when you don't have the decency....To provide us the Reverb links to your Ladies Undergarment Listings.

Where's the Link to your Stuff??!!
"come on, man!"..
you tring to shut us out??!

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's what you get when you don't have the decency....To provide us the Reverb links to your Ladies Undergarment Listings.

Where's the Link to your Stuff??!!
"come on, man!"..
you tring to shut us out??!
They were cymbal covers I assure you.

:p

• Haha
Reactions: JDA

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I replied:

Hi - I can only ship standard shipping per the advertisement and I can only release shipment once Reverb clears the payment. So far it has not cleared and, according to Reverb it could take up to 72 hours. Thanks.

And received a reply:

Ok no problem let me know payment is sent

hmm...

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
top secret huh.. I tried searching "Squirrel 's Feed and Drum Store".
nothing

where do the names Reverb has for sellers originate? Do you pick from a list or what

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the "buyer" has no listed shipping address but Reverb calculated NJ tax on the transaction.

I did find the name listed for the buyer, I won't mention it but googling it and found a Linkedin page for a person with the exact same name from NJ who's page stated they were a professional musician.

I don't use Linkedin so I couldn't contact that person on there, just to see if it was them buying or someone using their name.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't provide a link to your items
you don't want us bidding on them it's no wonder you get kooks

Squirrel's Drum Barn maybe?

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
god are you secretive..
"Squirrel's hambone and Drum Bazaar?"
comeon man I need some searchin; to do

i already did the whole Zildjian/Armenian and Norwell/Quincy thing..

Last edited:

digovii

Reaction score
So I replied:

Hi - I can only ship standard shipping per the advertisement and I can only release shipment once Reverb clears the payment. So far it has not cleared and, according to Reverb it could take up to 72 hours. Thanks.

And received a reply:

Ok no problem let me know payment is sent

hmm...
It's a good sign they didnt throw a fit. I've seen situations where payments simply just need time to clear. I would sit it out and see what happens.

premierplayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
what's a cymbal cover?
tarp?

Wait until Reverb clears for shipping, purchase shipping label from reverb, take it to the UPS store, Reverb pays you when they see it move. For the first couple of sales they wait until they see it delivered, then pay you. They pay after banks close for the day, and always takes two days to see the money in my account. YMMV
Once Reverb has the money in their account and they clear you to ship, they WILL pay you if you do your part.

The guys a professional musician? Answers a lot of things :rolleyes: