If money was no object, I'd put a Tesla engine in this to haul drums:

1611331089958.png

And if money was no object, I'd put a Tesla engine in this to haul ass:

1611331204592.png

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fantasy vintage car would be...a Checker Marathon... cuz I like the lines...

My minivan is 15 years old and has over 200K...but running...and my twins graduate college this year so cars have been on my our mind.
-I'd like to Kia Soul or Niro (hybrid)....I love my Mother and son's Rav4s (hybrid and gas respectively).

I'm looking at Mazdas, Kias, Toyotas. I've had a few Hondas and I'm fine with them but the CRV vs Rav4...I like the Rav better...both may be more than I need.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
A truck, or....a truck.
More to the point, a MINI truck, like we had from the 70's until the early 2000's.
The older I get the more I miss that low tailgate height.

Elvis

michaelocalypse

Reaction score
Well... I currently have three. (two cost less than my drum set) Assuming something happened to them and I had to go get something else tomorrow...

1998-2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 manual 4.0L extended cab (you know it's getting a 5.0/M5OD-R2 swap)
And a secondary...
1998-2001 Ford Ranger 2.5L manual standard cab long bed (I have an SVO turbo set up laying around not doing anything)

Otherwise I'm totally fine keeping 2 of the 3 I currently have:
-2015 Wrangler JK, manual
-1987 F150 regular cab short bed manual 2wd 5.0
-2000 Mustang convertible 3.8L manual (totally willing to sell this ugly thing)

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now, I actually have your second choice, Mike, except mine's standard bed.

MyTruck_NewTires.jpg

DHertz

Reaction score
I have a deposit on the Tesla CyberTruck. That will be my do everything vehicle. I have a Model 3 now, and it's a great vehicle. Once I get the CyberTruck, I can sell my Jeep Grand Cherokee and live with one vehicle for me and my wife.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darn I'm late to this thread!
Sorry I have to throw in 3 in order of most liked:

Volvo S90 (Love it!):

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 1.15.50 AM.png

Alfa Romeo Giulia (I have to agree with Joe on this one. Incredible & beautiful for the price compared to anything in it's class. And it has to be RED!!!):

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 1.08.04 AM.png

Cadillac CT5 (I like it a lot but I'm upset that V-8's are gone from the lineup):

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 1.08.53 AM.png

Bonus:
By the way, Peugeot will be back in the USA in the next 2 years and they are pretty awesome. These are not the Peugeot's that you remember from the 80's:

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 1.28.23 AM.png

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
hypothetically..

I put the Red on the inside Lar... ; )

Last edited:

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need a good Rambler (AMC by that time) American. 2 door with a 304 V8.
I never had too many Javelins (I don't think any)
but I had an AMX (390 4 speed) red.
and a Matador I still can't un see.
silver with a vinyl roof.
My first car was a 73 Javelin with the AMX package. It only had the 304ci engine, so I worked it pretty good with a high lift cam, shaved heads, dual exhaust with Thrush mufflers etc. I loved that car. It was actually ahead of its time in many ways, but AMC just didn’t have the money to perfect anything, so honestly, it was a bit of a clunker. It did turn heads on drag night though! Mark Donahue won a couple of Trans Am championships in that car though.

The two seater AMX was THE car to have though. Man, I loved that one!

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My fantasy vintage car would be...a Checker Marathon... cuz I like the lines...

My minivan is 15 years old and has over 200K...but running...and my twins graduate college this year so cars have been on my our mind.
-I'd like to Kia Soul or Niro (hybrid)....I love my Mother and son's Rav4s (hybrid and gas respectively).

I'm looking at Mazdas, Kias, Toyotas. I've had a few Hondas and I'm fine with them but the CRV vs Rav4...I like the Rav better...both may be more than I need.
The Niro is a fine automobile.

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darn I'm late to this thread!
Sorry I have to throw in 3 in order of most liked:

Volvo S90 (Love it!):

View attachment 481690

Alfa Romeo Giulia (I have to agree with Joe on this one. Incredible & beautiful for the price compared to anything in it's class. And it has to be RED!!!):

View attachment 481691

Cadillac CT5 (I like it a lot but I'm upset that V-8's are gone from the lineup):

View attachment 481692

Bonus:
By the way, Peugeot will be back in the USA in the next 2 years and they are pretty awesome. These are not the Peugeot's that you remember from the 80's:

View attachment 481693
I’ve always been a Cadillac guy and, God willing, always will be, (although the Alfa is tempting)

I grew up watching all the mobsters, tough guys and money men driving them, and I was always impressed with ride and luxury they had. Then I got to drive an 84 Eldorado Baritz and to this day, that was the nicest car I ever had the pleasure of driving, and I’ve driven some fine cars in my life.

When the lease is up on my ATS, I’m going to likely go with the CT4 V. This V is not the full blown 600hp model, which is way to much for this 61 year old, but about 325hp, perfect.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first car was a 73 Javelin with the AMX package. It only had the 304ci engine, so I worked it pretty good with a high lift cam, shaved heads, dual exhaust with Thrush mufflers etc. I loved that car. It was actually ahead of its time in many ways, but AMC just didn’t have the money to perfect anything, so honestly, it was a bit of a clunker. It did turn heads on drag night though! Mark Donahue won a couple of Trans Am championships in that car though.

The two seater AMX was THE car to have though. Man, I loved that one!
I love Javelins! They haven't gotten the position they deserve in muscle car "value hierarchy" till just recently. They are now worth alot! I went to the Mecum auction a couple weeks ago and they had a few up for sale. They went for big money!

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Javelins! They haven't gotten the position they deserve in muscle car "value hierarchy" till just recently. They are now worth alot! I went to the Mecum auction a couple weeks ago and they had a few up for sale. They went for big money!
About time!:icon_lol:

They were never produced in the numbers of other muscle cars, so there are probably very few survivors. It’s just a very unique car and stands out among the Fords, Plymouth’s and Chevies.

paulwells73

Reaction score
There‘s a Tony Williams clinic on YouTube from Boston in 1982. Somehow, the topic turns to cars and someone asks Tony what kind of car he drives. Tony says, "I have two cars. I have a BMW 530i and a Ferrari 308."

Yeah, Tony! I wonder if either of them matched his drums:

70A5F0A6-6E70-407D-909C-D31C5F42CF12.jpeg

5D194A7B-422F-40E9-8EC5-4E717E00D7A3.jpeg

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's a euro-spec 525
and the Javelin;

(these old ads are going around the internet..)

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this for quick runs for heads and sticks:
1611606230548.png
The SLAMMIN'-EST snare drum I ever heard was the one featured in the Batman tv show theme song.
GAWD that's so addictive!

It's like the 80's "gunshot" sound, but less processed. More organic.
Love it.
.....and I'm gonna add to my prior answer of a truck and include a Mercedes-Benz W123 Chassis 240TD Estate.
Serious room for ALL of the band's gear.
The roadies best friend, after gaffer's tape.
Along with afforementioned Checker Marathon (and the Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost), the Mercedes-Benz W123 chassis has the notable reputation of being the most reliable cars ever produced....period....paragraph.
If that thing fails to get you to the gig and back again, you have absolutely no business owning a car, or a truck, or a bicycle, or maybe even a pair of shoes!.
Seriously!

1611607011413.png

Elvis

Last edited: