OT: Speaking of Cars ....

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
For new, just give me what I have now a 2019 Honda Accord, smooth ride, runs great.

For "wind in your face" and driving the back roads of New England, especially early fall

give me a restored 1959 A.H. Bug Eye Sprite....I have driven and sold one of those
just 100% very cool, no computers, no power anything, just you and the car !

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cars (Or trucks) (or anything with four wheels allowed on the road)

what.... (give ya two choices.... Of New car would you like to own these days. What's on your mind..

I'll go
Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 or
Audi Q5

nothing too fancy with option packages or performance up ticks. Just a mid to base of either.
My size enough room to get to gig and back Some excitement under the gas pedal and in the steering wheel. that's enough

Go

You'll get a little more "pop" from the Audi, a little better mileage with the MB. Either are very nice. Personally, Audi. been an Audi guy for decades, but admittedly have other needs, e.g. all wheel drive for mountain trips,

Reactions: JDA

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Right now I own my dream car, and I think that I can say with a straight face that it's my favorite of anything I've ever owned. It's a 2020 Jeep Gladiator. This may be the one I keep until I'm pushing up posies.

sixplymaple

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d go with a loaded GMC 1500 Denali and a loaded Porsche Carrera 4S.

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ex got a goat for high school graduation. Didnt know one needed to change the oil and seized the engine at 65,000 miles
My wife took out the side wall of their garage with her father's one year old 1967 GTO when she was eighteen. Her father teased her about it for the rest of his life. She still blames a really stiff clutch.

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
For hauling the whole band: Mercedes 240D Hearse

View attachment 480753

For scootin' around: '67 Pontiac GTO w/4-speed manual and 400ci V8

View attachment 480754
The hearses make for easy load in/load out with the rollers. They are usually built like tanks in the most literal sense.

Yep- I nearly went into the mortuary sciences and have experienced participating in every aspect of after death care.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
For this exercise it's One vehicle (with a secondary choice/toss up)

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why you guys keep picking old cars ?

I’m going with a 2023 VW Microbus ...

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why you guys keep picking old cars ?

I’m going with a 2023 VW Microbus ...
Vista beat you to the first one off the semi-trailer

My next car will be VW's all-electric Microbus... I've always wanted a VW bus -- and the all-electric one has the advantage of being on a bigger platform for more range. Looks like it'll arrive in a couple of years.

Last edited:

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
For hauling the whole band: Mercedes 240D Hearse

View attachment 480753

For scootin' around: '67 Pontiac GTO w/4-speed manual and 400ci V8

View attachment 480754
Funny thing, I mentioned earlier that the 66 goat was sort of my dream car. It is a little boxier than the 67 but I like that look a little better but I wouldn't turn down a nice 67.

The hearse, when I was 16 I almost bought a Bonneville hearse, same stacked headlights an overall front end, 389 and I kinda wanted to supe it up a little. My dad, a devout Catholic nixed that quick lol

Pat A Flafla

Reaction score
New car? None that I know of. Maybe a Tacoma in a gun-to-head situation. If you know of a new model that's a machine and not a computer on wheels, that's inexpensive, built to last forever, easy to work on myself, and is more metal than plastic, please let me know.
Maybe there's someone here who couldn't imagine playing anything but 60s Ludwigs etc. who can sort of see why someone would feel the way I do about cars.

Last edited:
  • Haha