OT: Spring = time for tinkering with bikes :)

crash

DFO Master
Reaction score
Getting the Cross Check ready for a half century in two weeks. 80/+7 stem swapped for 110/+15 degree. Conti Speed Ride tires coming. Much more comfortable with the longer cockpit. Gonna be fun. Haven’t done a charity ride for years.
DC3494A7-1AEB-405A-925B-5EE40E48E58C.jpeg

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
Getting the Cross Check ready for a half century in two weeks. 80/+7 stem swapped for 110/+15 degree. Conti Speed Ride tires coming. Much more comfortable with the longer cockpit. Gonna be fun. Haven’t done a charity ride for years.View attachment 399910
Hey Bill, are you going to run clipless, spd's or the like, or stick with flats, for a 50 mile ride?

crash

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hey Bill, are you going to run clipless, spd's or the like, or stick with flats, for a 50 mile ride?
Sticking with the flats. Not trying to go race pace. Going full Grant Peterson/tourist. Read https://www.rivbike.com/pages/the-shoes-ruse
At cruising speeds. it makes no difference. The ride's along the ooast, to a lighthouse and back. Pretty flat. I've still got my blown disc in the neck. Seeing the neuro guy this afternoon, to decide what to do about it. More drugs, in the meantime! Bill

k_50

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just picked up this Barracuda Dos Equis Team as a birthday present for myself.
The purple bars will be going on my '95 Sunn Vertik 2. And I might part it out, sell the F/F, put the blue parts on my '96 Vertik, and save the red ones for my next project. If I decide to keep it, the bouncy fork will be replaced with a Pace RC31 I have lying around.

Latest posts