OT - Super Bowl predictions

JonnyFranchi$e

Reaction score
I LOVE the Green Bay Packers and they look really good this year. With the bye and home field throughout, they will be tough to beat.

On the AFC side, there are some monster teams. My jaw drops watching the Chiefs offense when they're in a flow-state. It's shocking how good those guys are.

So, IMO, it's hard to see anyone beating the Packers in the playoffs, and it's hard to see the Packers beating the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

But a Chiefs/Packers super bowl would be a TON of fun, IMO!

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Chiefs play the way they have been , it’s very likely they’ll get beat in 1st playoff game .

Matched Gripper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I LOVE the Green Bay Packers and they look really good this year. With the bye and home field throughout, they will be tough to beat.

On the AFC side, there are some monster teams. My jaw drops watching the Chiefs offense when they're in a flow-state. It's shocking how good those guys are.

So, IMO, it's hard to see anyone beating the Packers in the playoffs, and it's hard to see the Packers beating the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

But a Chiefs/Packers super bowl would be a TON of fun, IMO!
Green Bay Packers vs. Baltimore Colts. Bart Starr vs. Johnny Unitas.

JonnyFranchi$e

Reaction score
Green Bay Packers vs. Baltimore Colts. Bart Starr vs. Johnny Unitas.
LOL That was a bit before my time! But I've heard all the stories of the GLORY YEARS.

I grew up in GB in the dark years of the 80s.

Looks like some great matchups this weekend. I'm getting "that football feeling!"

Matched Gripper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
LOL That was a bit before my time! But I've heard all the stories of the GLORY YEARS.

I grew up in GB in the dark years of the 80s.

Looks like some great matchups this weekend. I'm getting "that football feeling!"
Honestly, I started losing interest in football decades ago when crippling orthopedic injuries, post concussion syndrome and premature deaths of all time greats were starting to be widely reported. When the purpose of defenders is as much, or more, to injure the opponent rather than to execute a tackle or disrupt/intercept a pass, it becomes a sham in my mind. It's ridiculous how many cheap shots quarterbacks take from pass rushers. Do rugby players suffer so many devastating orthopedic and brain injuries? You want to make football safer, eliminate the helmets, and maybe the pads, too.

A similar sham applies to pro basketball. There's so much blocking, tacking, pushing and shoving that what constitues a foul is subjective, like judging ice skating. They might as well strap on the pads and helmets and forget about shooting, just see who can cram the ball into the basket. And, ever since Michael Jordan, it seems traveling is no longer a violation. I see players taking 3, 4 and more steps after a dribble with no call. And the cheap shots? Ridiculous! No thanks!

Reactions: Ely

FlowTom

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't like wild card games with divisional rivals that recently played each other. The league expanded the playoffs - they should have figured out a way to better avoid this.

We're gonna find out about the Ravens. If they aren't fired up to play the Titans, they have no business being in the postseason.

Glad the Saints are getting the Bears at home. A few years back, the Saints had to go to Chicago and other outdoor cold weather sites and got almost always beat. By people like Rex Grossman. RRRggh.

Interested to see what the game day weather will be like in Buffalo. I like what Frank Reich has accomplished, but if I had to pick one guy I would not want to see throwing WTF wobbly sky balls in Bills Stadium, it would be Philip Rivers. Especially the AARP version. Bills have a good D. Could be a INT-palooza if the winds are blowing hard.

In a way, too bad the Falcons aren't in the playoffs. No team in the league has more experience with pumped in crowd noise.

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Bills pull it out!

Hate to think of what might have happened had I not put our "lucky" doormat out......

It is an actual piece of turf from the stadium.
20210109_094955.jpg

Last edited:

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m a major Seahawks fan but they sucked a$$ today.
I can’t stand Aaron Rogers but go Packers.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched sports in a year. Take your half filled stands, canned cheering and cardboard fan heads and keep 'em.
Thread is titled Super Bowl Predictions .
But now I’m worried I ain’t woke like you .

What a dilemma.......

ThomFloor

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I started losing interest in football decades ago when crippling orthopedic injuries, post concussion syndrome and premature deaths of all time greats were starting to be widely reported. When the purpose of defenders is as much, or more, to injure the opponent rather than to execute a tackle or disrupt/intercept a pass, it becomes a sham in my mind. It's ridiculous how many cheap shots quarterbacks take from pass rushers. Do rugby players suffer so many devastating orthopedic and brain injuries? You want to make football safer, eliminate the helmets, and maybe the pads, too.

A similar sham applies to pro basketball. There's so much blocking, tacking, pushing and shoving that what constitues a foul is subjective, like judging ice skating. They might as well strap on the pads and helmets and forget about shooting, just see who can cram the ball into the basket. And, ever since Michael Jordan, it seems traveling is no longer a violation. I see players taking 3, 4 and more steps after a dribble with no call. And the cheap shots? Ridiculous! No thanks!
So you're pulling for the Bills?
And the Clippers?

1990rookout

Reaction score
The Chiefs are the champs until someone knocks them down. I think my Pack could do it, but we'll see.

So many good sleepers still out there. . The Bills looked really good last night. I am really enjoying the Browns run.

All being said. . Go Pack Go. No drop off at left tackle so far, and IF all cylinders are firing they have a shot.

drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There could be two teams playing, one will win and the other will lose. Likely one will lie down and let the other take it to them with little to no resistance as in past matches.

If there is a half-time show, it will be the worst jazz-handed affair with poorly lip-synched vocals and back up dancers that make absolutely no sense. It will likely be labelled lame by most except the media covering it.
Jazz handed? More like Pop handed

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chefs win against whatever NFC cannon fodder team makes it to the finals.

Justin Bieber has a wardrobe malfunction during the halftime show that nobody notices.

Roger Goodell is booed massively by the electronic, piped-in crowd noise simulator as he presents the Lombardi.
So far I'm spot on, could be luck though but yeah... I'm not sure. :lol:

If Tom Brady wins another SB with a garage team like the Bucs I'm blowtorching something.

Really would have been a sweet season if the Bills beat Brady and his new team but eh... life.