OT: Survived hurricane sally

Drm1979

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So I live in Pace Fl which is about 15 minutes east of pensacola and we sat through Hurricane Sally. Been without power since about 10 this morning. Lost some sections of privacy fence and have a ton of tree limbs to clean up. But the house fared well. We have a generator to keep our fridge and freezer from spoiling and we are all ok. Really missing playing right now as I've been relegated to an ekit for practice due to the smallness of our home, but at least we made it. I hope that if any of you were in the path of this storm that yall came out ok.

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you made it through. It would be hard to imagine hurricane season every year and hoping you’re not in the path of destruction.

I say that while a massive 267,000 acre fire is burning about 20 miles from my house. We had a different fire about a month ago that burned very close to our neighborhood.

This is one helluva year.

Keep safe, everyone.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
From a fellow native Floridian, glad you are safe! Living in Florida during hurricane season is like playing dodge ball.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got thru it, man here in New England 40mph winds send us running for the hills.
Cant imagine 100mph+ winds, plus drenching rain, yikes.

Drm1979

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Glad you are safe!
You people over there (I mean Florida) are like magnets for natural disasters! Yikes!
Tell me about it, between covid, our messed up voting problems, hurricanes, oh and we had an earthquake about 2 weeks ago close to the Alabama Florida border. It's like we're trying to beat California. All we need is wildfires and we may just win. This is a competition that I dont want any part of.

Drm1979

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So I live in Pace Fl which is about 15 minutes east of pensacola and we sat through Hurricane Sally. Been without power since about 10 this morning. Lost some sections of privacy fence and have a ton of tree limbs to clean up. But the house fared well. We have a generator to keep our fridge and freezer from spoiling and we are all ok. Really missing playing right now as I've been relegated to an ekit for practice due to the smallness of our home, but at least we made it. I hope that if any of you were in the path of this storm that yall came out ok.
And we finally got power back tonight.