OT: Tech Company Party; Hires **** for Musical Entertainment

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
So there is an international company that I happen to be hosting today for a technical tour as we use some of their products. Today's group will mostly be from Japan so our IT guys will be speaking through an interpreter. On Wednesday, they are renting out the major league ballpark next door to host their private party. Just found out who they hired to perform for their guests; Weezer and Foo Fighters! Of course, last time they were here they hired Aerosmith, so I shouldn't be surprised... Betting heavily that my boss is on their guest list. I, however, am decidedly NOT on that list...

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So there is an international company that I happen to be hosting today for a technical tour as we use some of their products. Today's group will mostly be from Japan so our IT guys will be speaking through an interpreter. On Wednesday, they are renting out the major league ballpark next door to host their private party. Just found out who they hired to perform for their guests; Weezer and Foo Fighters! Of course, last time they were here they hired Aerosmith, so I shouldn't be surprised... Betting heavily that my boss is on their guest list. I, however, am decidedly NOT on that list...

trommel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If not invited , don't go. Why waste your time worrying or posting about this?

Maybe you can hire the "Snowflakes" for your own soiree, peace of mind, and spotlight moment.

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
If not invited , don't go. Why waste your time worrying or posting about this?

Maybe you can hire the "Snowflakes" for your own soiree, peace of mind, and spotlight moment.
Forgive me, but I have no idea what you are saying here. I shouldn't post about a major act secretly playing a private party just because I'm not on the guest list? For the record, I wasn't worrying about anything, nor was I planning to crash the party, and I sure as hell don't need a spotlight moment. I was simply sharing what I though to be an interesting occurrence.

trommel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He probably inferrred the " decidedly NOT on the list" comment as sour grapes. I didn't see it that way but I get it..

For example, I have a stereotype of someone who uses the word " Snowflake"
Does it ever snow where you live or have ever lived? I speak English. That is the only stereotype category into which I fall. Maybe I should have recommended "The Obtuse Bearing Edges." Or just The Obtuse." Just sit in your office and listen, or be bold .... sit in your car, roll the windows down, listen and enjoy. To bolster your spirits, have some chilled Camparie, or some Olde Panthurpis with some blue or limburger cheese. Have a day

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Does it ever snow where you live or have ever lived? I speak English. That is the only stereotype category into which I fall. Maybe I should have recommended "The Obtuse Bearing Edges." Or just The Obtuse." Just sit in your office and listen, or be bold .... sit in your car, roll the windows down, listen and enjoy. To bolster your spirits, have some chilled Camparie, or some Olde Panthurpis with some blue or limburger cheese. Have a day
Just admit you were wrong and rude and that'll be the end of it. It's not like everyone else hasn't already figured it out.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ha, I'm sure it was great, but I was busy auditioning sub bassists for my new band, "Bud Hurt and The Snowflakes"...
So the boss didn't come in like, "Dude, I saw a killer double rock show with Weezer and the Foo Fighters???".....hmmm..........

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
Can you tell us Who the "company" (that hired) is?

Is it like a Goggle or Amazon or Chuckies Steaks etc.

Serious What Company afforded this show. Love to know. (name some names) please)

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
Kinda weird isn't it..
something dystopian about it..
(the video.) ugh.
all those cellphone (oh.hat.) lights
like an SS rally.
Gonna give it 5 yucks.
Why are people walking away at 4 min mark.
I think it's everything that's wrong

O I'm being over dramatic
What does everyone else think?

(They sure can pound one (maybe 2) chords)
"Pacific San Diego also reported that based on Foo Fighters grossing on average over $1 million per show "
egads
People keep walking the opposite way up the steps. lol
freakin' Chuck Berry riff sure has come a long way.
Blue suede. Blue suede shoes.
I don't think I ever wanna meet Dave Grohl. On the street on the highway..anywhere..
The entire thing looks like a waste of humanity
otoh, 22 minutes of it just cost me only 3$ total in fees

Last edited:

jmato

Reaction score
That would be a tough show. Everyone standing (or sitting) around on their hands, or just recording the show with their phones. Maybe 5-10% actual fans of your music. Not fun. But it pays for the new pool slide.

mcjaco

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Pretty sure none of those guys need new pool sides. LOL.

Our CEO hires Eddie Money to play his annual stakeholders reception. He's a huge fan.....can't say I'd want to see Eddie Money annually. And I like Eddie Money.

From a San Diego paper:

"As for tonight’s concert, no doubt it costs a hefty amount to book Foo Fighters, whose 2018 earnings totaled $47 million, according to a Forbes magazine report, with a nightly concert gross of around $1 million. (According to the Foo Fighters’ website, tonight’s San Diego show is the band’s only U.S. date of the summer.)"

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Cisco, in San Diego
Funny! My band played a Cisco gig in SF some years back; they had rented out a five-story Masonic hall, with completely different entertainment and catering on each floor. Up on the fifth floor, we had a burlesque theme, with dancers serving drinks. The headline act, on the first floor? Spinal Tap. Ever since then we bragged that we had opened for Spinal Tap, though in reality we were just in the same building.

Latest posts