OT: That went south fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedro navahas

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened to the thread about gasoline?
I was looking forward to an adult conversation about gas prices, the environment, government, yada yada yada!!

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see it but I'm guessing someone went into political meltdown mode.

Weird how some people get triggered so easily.

Roch

DFO Master
Reaction score
Politics are a funny thing..it plays such a huge part of our lives but we aren't allowed to talk about it..Like you said, some people can't help themselves from getting offended and combatant...maybe it's them who should get filtered out, not the topic...but, whatever..

Old PIT Guy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone here longer than a year who posts a topic with "federal government" in the title followed by the totally tiresome and trite caveat to "not get political," is either a carpet crapper or traveling light from the neck up. There's no other way around it. The post office thread is another example. Who doesn't realize that topic is totally politicized? Apparently these folks have no where else to crap.

Pat A Flafla

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone here longer than a year who posts a topic with "federal government" in the title followed by the totally tiresome and trite caveat to "not get political," is either a carpet crapper or traveling light from the neck up. There's no other way around it. The post office thread is another example. Who doesn't realize that topic is totally politicized? Apparently these folks have no where else to crap.
Some rabbits have to go on tour and leave a pellet on everyone's desk.

Roch

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's interesting how even the mention of political conversation can get some people's dander up...look at the tone of your post compared to everybody else's...you're mad..and nobody even said anything..

Pat A Flafla

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's interesting how even the mention of political conversation can get some people's dander up...look at the tone of your post compared to everybody else's...you're mad..and nobody even said anything..
It gets my dander way up. The reason this is my only social media account is the politics ban. If it's not enforced, I'll just have to find another place to go. I do get irritated that people blatantly ignore stickies and then are all "what did I do?".

Roch

DFO Master
Reaction score
Fair enough, I don't care to talk about it either, and I rarely do. I agree with the no politics policy...I'm just pointing out the strange dynamics of the whole issue..FYI..you don't have to click on posts that don't interest you...

Last edited:

Old PIT Guy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm not mad, I'm astounded at how utterly clueless some fully grown adults on this forum are, and how they're apparently unable to follow one of two simple site rules. And then when you say something in their oh-so important thread that's designed to skirt or break one of those rules, you're the one doing something wrong for pointing it out. Sort of like you chastising me for stating the obvious about a federal government gasoline policy thread or a "let's bash the Post Office for the 10th time" thread on a drum forum.

dyland

Reaction score
This just ain't the place to have those sorts of discussions, for better or worse. Many would argue the former. I've taken the cheese before, had posts deleted, etc. It's all good. This is a drum forum and the general consensus is that hot button topics are best left alone, overtly political or otherwise.

Vicey

Reaction score
I never even opened any of the posts in that thread. I suspected from the title that things would go quickly awry.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be cooll , Ben's walking point for all of us .

Status
Not open for further replies.