OT: Thomannmusic.com

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm searching around for the best price on an item and I see thomannmusic.com has it. They are located in Germany and the item cost would be $210 for (2) items before taxes, shipping, etc. The regular American price for just one item is around $250. I'm located in the USA and I've never ordered from Thomann, and don't know anyone personally that has. Anyone located in the USA that has ordered from them and care to comment on the experience? Thanks.

MusicianMagic

Reaction score
I'm searching around for the best price on an item and I see thomannmusic.com has it. They are located in Germany and the item cost would be $210 for (2) items before taxes, shipping, etc. The regular American price for just one item is around $250. I'm located in the USA and I've never ordered from Thomann, and don't know anyone personally that has. Anyone located in the USA that has ordered from them and care to comment on the experience? Thanks.
I've bought from them a few times, shipped to here, North Carolina. No problems for me. Last time, in November it was for a Schlagwerk cajon. No one had it in stock in the US & it was like half the price even with shipping from Thomann. Retail box packed in a shipping box. Shipping took like 3 extra days, probably customs. First time that's happened. I've never paid any customs charges ever but most European stores say that's your responsibility if it happens. Also when ordering online, make sure the ordering form is set for USA (not just by entering your shipping address) or prices may include VAT.

I've ordered from Music Store, also in Germany more often as well as other British, European & Japanese stores.

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've used them quite a few times here in Ireland. Good company, never had any problems.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they're ok. I bought a cheap double bass pedal and a bass guitar from them not long ago. It showed up in I think 4 days which beats shipping from one coast to another here. I wouldn't do it again because the shipping was $90. The only reason I bought from them was they had a decent bass and pedal for much cheaper than anything I could find stateside and it the price was still way better than anything here with all costs included. But I still like to support this country's economy.

musiqman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They are the biggest music shop in Europe.

To bad their ultra low prices made many mom and pop stores go away.

They have a great service and greater return policy though.