OT....Tom Brady is no longer a New England Patriot

gmiller598

Reaction score
I think it was already over but I also think anyone can play for the Belichick system and be successful. He took scraps from other teams and made them contributing players. They are a team and not individuals.

I would not be surprised of Tom Brady plays somewhere else and has a poor season.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it was already over but I also think anyone can play for the Belichick system and be successful. He took scraps from other teams and made them contributing players. They are a team and not individuals.

I would not be surprised of Tom Brady plays somewhere else and has a poor season.
I agree, I think this is a big mistake, "if it aint broke dont fix it" really can apply.
He could have played for the next 3 yrs, the team probably would make the playoffs and maybe one more super bowl, with some trades and draft picks, and then retire leaving the sport a true legend, same with coach B and the Kraft family. I mean he will leave the sport a legend but I dont think it will be the same as if he stayed with the Pats. Now....who knows, only time will tell.

jsp210

Reaction score
I think Belichick probably was leaning towards moving forward with Garoppolo and yielded to Kraft's wishes at that time and traded him away.

I was born and raised in MA and have been a lifelong Pats fan and felt last season was going to be the end of the Brady era. They finally had an elite defense but were impotent on offense and I attributed that to Brady's decline. I kind of wish he retired gracefully instead of this parting of ways. It will be interesting to see how he does with a new team.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Rumor has it he is going to Tampa, but i dont see anything confirming this.

drummingbulldog

Reaction score
I'm a lifelong Raiders fan. My hope was that Brady stay in Boston. He's 100 years old in nfl life & unless he went to the Cheifs, he's done. Bellecheat masks his weaknesses the best despite not having anyone but Edelman as a target. I feel bad for Brady because he still wants to play. Good luck convincing him that he's done.

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to know when to call it. I specifically recall watching him take off from the pocket last season looking like a new born colt on his legs. This game is transiting into mobile, fast quarterbacks, that, Brady is not.

I didn’t read anything on it but my guess is they cut him or, let’s say, asked him to retire and he is just not ready to give it up. I also think he was getting way to big in the organization and that they will be happy to have a quarterback who keeps quite, does what he is told and doesn’t get into open arguments with the offensive coordinator during the game.

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Houston traded away one of the best WR's in the NFL and agreed to another mediocre season :) oh well
A heist.
The Cardinals would have given up a 3rd rounder just for someone to take DJ's contract off their hands.
To get a top 3 receiver in return?
They are still giggling out in Arizona.

Last edited:

JDZ

Asst. Manager, rhythm section
Reaction score
A heist.
The Cardinals would have given up a 3rd rounder just for someone to take DJ's contract.
To get a top 3 receiver in trade?
They are still giggling out in Arizona.
I'd be happy too! He's my favorite receiver and love watching him.

Z

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here's what I predict will happen. He's going to trip and fall down the stairs at home, tearing his achilles. The NY Jets will sign him and he will never play a single game for them but they will have to pay him $100 million guaranteed.

Signed - A Frustrated Jet Fan
I know you are joking , but no way he goes to an AFC team ....

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think it was already over but I also think anyone can play for the Belichick system and be successful. He took scraps from other teams and made them contributing players. They are a team and not individuals. I would not be surprised of Tom Brady plays somewhere else and has a poor season.

I hate Brady and Belicheat though I respect their abilities, and I agree with you on both points.

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Rumor has it he is going to Tampa, but i dont see anything confirming this.
I read about it in a blurb from Colin Cowherds radio show. He said that he has it from an Iconic NON football source ie someone in Brady's personal inner circle that he's going to sign w Tampa tomorrow. Tampa will reportedly give him 2 yrs 60 million. And some of the control he wanted ... Also Florida tax laws are a bit more forgiving than some of the other rumored destinations for him. I'm a life long Pat's fan since I knew what football was ( 69-70 or so) I honestly didn't see this coming.... I thought it was all posturing to make teams sweat and then he would re-sign and walk into history as a Patriot when he was done. I hope Tampa has the O-line to protect him or it's going to be ugly.....

gmiller598

Reaction score
I hate Brady and Belicheat though I respect their abilities, and I agree with you on both points.
Oh I despise the Patriots as well but I have huge respect for the way they function as a team on the field. (Except the whole cheating part)