OT: Updated Forum Look (Chat Box Removed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear you, but I can't get on board with the idea of not confronting comments or posts that include implied or explicit racism, violence, or other globally destructive language.

It seems, however, we do agree that tea is for cowards that go to bed before 9. Beans over leaves forever.
Hey stop right there, I go to bed by 9.

dirtysicks

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That article doesn’t address situations like this
I'm thinking Malcolm X had it closest to Right.

Bob Woodson touches on that here.

There's so much I can say about this article but y'all can have it. None of this explains why George Floyd was murdered. None of this explains why a black person can call the cops for an intruder and be shot by the cops in his own home. None of this explains so much.

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Can everyone just give it a rest. The problem with the narrative now is that any data or POV or observation or experience brought up that doesn't fall in line with the current "social media" think is immediately touted as racist, and the presenter of such data as racist. So in a sense - you are right - we can't talk about this now. One side refuses to listen to anything that doesn't fit the narrative. It's exhausting and all over the internet. If you want to argue, go someplace else. I can recommend a good forum if you want to argue. Their off-topic section is a great place to skirmish.

For me I only want to read about how Paul was replaced by an alien, and anything VB posts to incite clicks.

dirtysicks

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You guys are all right and so was I a few days ago when I said I was done with this forum. I'll take my black existence away so you all can be more comfortable.

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
Can everyone just give it a rest. The problem with the narrative now is that any data or POV or observation or experience brought up that doesn't fall in line with the current "social media" think is immediately touted as racist, and the presenter of such data as racist. So in a sense - you are right - we can't talk about this now. One side refuses to listen to anything that doesn't fit the narrative. It's exhausting and all over the internet. If you want to argue, go someplace else. I can recommend a good forum if you want to argue. Their off-topic section is a great place to skirmish.

For me I only want to read about how Paul was replaced by an alien, and anything VB posts to incite clicks.
Whoa, I knew he was replaced but I didn’t know it was by an alien.

Skeet6

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are all right and so was I a few days ago when I said I was done with this forum. I'll take my black existence away so you all can be more comfortable.
I never knew (or cared) what color you were - your words on these pages look just like mine. That's kinda the point, isn't it?

As others have mentioned, there are so many other places to discuss all of this, I don't know ehy it has to take over this board, too.
Mike B

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Please do not go. Please stick around to talk about drums and the drumming world. I had no idea you were black till now. My views on the current U.S. situation most likely align with yours, but I have accepted that the Forum is a place where we can't talk about those issues, serious though they may be.

Take a look at the stickies at the top - no politics, no religion have been up there for years. Getting more current, talks on Covid-19 had to be cut off because they become political right quick.

Please stay to talk and share about drums and drumming life.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
We adopted a young black girl. So?
What does that have to do with a freekin drum forum?
What does it matter?
If you stay, then stay.
If you decide to go, then go.
It is not required that you let anyone know.
But doggone it, you better know one freeekin thing!
It doesn’t matter to ANY of us what your skin color is.
DO YOU DRUM?
THAT is all we care about.
Stay. Go. Do not care.
But if you stay ... follow the freekin rules!

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I enjoyed your posts and want you to stay.

But this place is my oasis. I get enough of reality in plenty of other places.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I canned the chat box for now, it was filled with political and racial stuff, we all know what is going on in the world, and going forward I and the mods dont want to be dragged into this kind of thinking and chasing threads, so we dont need constant reminders, OT topics are fine, new car, new house what tv to buy etc.
but not the ills of the world and trouble and etc etc.

Thanks, Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.