OT - UPS

dingaling

Reaction score
Bought a kit on reverb.

UPS left it on my Brooklyn busy street door step.

Luckily I was able to run home and get it before a tom box went missing.

How could a driver think this was a good idea?!?!?

Attachments

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
UPS policy is to drop it off unless a signature is required.
I work in that industry and when they don’t leave it that’s the first person to complain. They are couriers not storage facilities so tell your shipper to require a signature or it’s getting left. You will have to run circles to maybe get a claim paid to with no signature required. Again they are paid to drive it and drop it off, nothing else unless you pay for something else. I find it to be wrong to but it’s not my company.

On the one

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I ordered some specialty tools from Sears years ago and UPS attempted to deliver 3 times. After the 3rd time they leave a yellow slip on the door telling you to pick up your package from the UPS hub. Sears requested a signature, being that no one was home UPS didn't leave the package on my doorstep. I know it sucks but my friends neighbor had his diabedic medicine stolen from his doorstep. UPS left the box on the porch his security camera caught 2 teenagers stealing the box

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I know exactly what you are talking about. Once had a 3 package Rogers drum set set left in my driveway in the rain.

Most delivery services can be set up to hold at their facility for pickup. You may need to register at a website to get started. I have my packages held at Fedex office locally when I have a tracking number available. After some delivery problems, I ended up talking directly to a manger. My UPS delivery instructions automatically include where to safely put my packages. Works MOST of the time.

As stated, no matter how you set it up, a driver can short circuit any delivery instructions.

f.stahlenius

Reaction score
Bought a kit on reverb.

UPS left it on my Brooklyn busy street door step.

Luckily I was able to run home and get it before a tom box went missing.

How could a driver think this was a good idea?!?!?
Oh, shoot. Had the same experience. Glad you made it back in time. As amosguy says, it is a good idea to sign up for (in this case) UPS My Choice.

dingaling

Reaction score
Especially when you’re waiting for these:
Sonor Phonic rosewood. Mint condition, one owner, 13, 14, 16FT, 22BD. Except for maybe 1-2 minor things these look like they were shipped from factory.

Was hoping there was rosewood on the interior (sonor just offered this for rosewood) too but just the natural beech interior. That was an additional cost to get the rosewood inside also.

The rosewood they used was so special. Unfortunately now it’s rare and on endangered list so they can’t use anymore. If you ship these overseas you need a note for customs from sonor company stating they were built before the wood was endangered.

I had the 12/14/18 bop kit so now I have a full shell bank for bop or pop.

Attachments

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Reaction score
One time they delivered a cymbal I bought to my next door neighbors porch. Their house numbers were totally obscured by tall shrubs.
Ours was totally visible. Go figure. Some folks are just not very...

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I ordered some specialty tools from Sears years ago and UPS attempted to deliver 3 times. After the 3rd time they leave a yellow slip on the door telling you to pick up your package from the UPS hub.
Yes, if it’s signature required they will make three attempts. If you don’t go to the hub a day after the 3rd attempt it is returned to the shipper at the shippers expense.