OT Virus's

Reaction score
Not to frighten you, but true mortality rates cannot be known at this point, but more realistically it is around 7%. Numbers you see coming from China regarding infections or deaths would be more accurate with another zero added to them.

CSR

Member since May 2000
Reaction score
So....IF you happen to contract the virus, which is unlikely, you have en estimated 93 - 98.5% chance of survival. I’ll take those odds. And, as a 45-year beard wearer, I refuse to shave in order to wear a mask effectively.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
So....IF you happen to contract the virus, which is unlikely, you have en estimated 93 - 98.5% chance of survival. I’ll take those odds. And, as a 45-year beard wearer, I refuse to shave in order to wear a mask effectively.
Any random person's individual odds are not so bad. But those odds collectively mean.. people you love will die. It's certainly not something to mock.

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
Vertigo I have too, did you get the pushed out of 1/2 your body phenom, with the weight of the universe seemingly pushing you over, scared me.

CSR

Member since May 2000
Reaction score
Any random person's individual odds are not so bad. But those odds collectively mean.. people you love will die. It's certainly not something to mock.
Not mocking...just looking on the other side of the statistics to put them in perspective. Your chance of dying from the flu, heart attack, or in a traffic accident are undoubtedly higher. People die everyday. You and I will, too.

My views are probably at least partially colored by my looking at somewhere between 15 - 20 years of my own life left. Not morbid...just realistic.

supershifter2

DFO Star
Reaction score
Valley Girl Lyrics Rewritten

vertigo its a vertigo
vertigo its a vertigo
open wide hurl and hurl
threw up a load in a clothing store
open wide hurl and hurl

oh i barfed
vertigo
Like totally
vertigo
It was so gross
vertigo
What a nasty mess
vertigo

The people like thought I was drunk or something I was all dizzy and the room was spinning
I was like sooo embarrassed and everybody in that clothing store was looking at me and the hurling mess a made.

On ventura there she hurls
she just blew a chunky load
its all in her hair and stuck in there
She got a whole bunch of hurl in there

anyway i was like trying to get outta sight and was all dizzy and staggering around and everything
was like spinning and i wanted to close my eyes but i would probably run into a wall or something
i was like all embarrassed and everyone was like eeeww gross

vertigo its a vertigo
vertigo its a vertigo
open wide hurl and hurl
open wide hurl and hurl

i was really sad i wanted to go shopping but vertigo came up and i was like hurling everywhere. and like
all the people were just staring and they were like moving back and forth and i was like really dizzy and
staggering everything was really spinning and i was so sick to my stomach barf me out i dont need a spoon

she just hurled on a pizza pie
and a large bag of curly fries
a parakeet and a german shepard
and where she could get her meds refilled

so i went into the restaurant to hurl in the toilet and the lady said like i have to buy something
and i said i have been like hurling all over the place and need to sit with my eyes closed and stop hurling
so i was like do you have a barf bag and the lady said like no and i like barfed all over the salad bar

vertigo its a vertigo
vertigo its a vertigo
open wide hurl and hurl
its a vertigo and it makes you hurl
open wide hurl and hurl

and like the salad bar was all gross with vomit everywhere and the lady was like clean your vomit mess
up and i was like everything is spinning and i'm dizzy and hurling chunks and stuff and can hardly stand
up and like you want me to clean this gross mess up Hi my name is Andrea and i'm hurling everywhere
and like i have this vertigo and theres barf all in my braces and i'm getting a retainer and barf will be under it

Last edited:

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
I
Not mocking...just looking on the other side of the statistics to put them in perspective. Your chance of dying from the flu, heart attack, or in a traffic accident are undoubtedly higher. People die everyday. You and I will, too.

My views are probably at least partially colored by my looking at somewhere between 15 - 20 years of my own life left. Not morbid...just realistic.
Yep

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
Valley Girl Lyrics Rewritten

vertigo its a vertigo
vertigo its a vertigo
open wide hurl and hurl
open wide hurl and hurl

oh i barfed
vertigo
Like totally
vertigo
It was so gross
vertigo
What a nasty mess
vertigo

The people like thought I was drunk or something I was all dizzy and the room was spinning
I was like sooo embarrassed and everybody in that clothing store was looking at me and the hurling mess a made.

On ventura there she hurls
she just blew a chunky load
its all in her hair and stuck in there
She got a whole bunch of hurl in there

anyway i was like trying to get outta sight and was all dizzy and staggering around and everything
was like spinning and i wanted to close my eyes but i would probably run into a wall or something
i was like all embarrassed and everyone was like eeeww gross

vertigo its a vertigo
vertigo its a vertigo
open wide hurl and hurl
open wide hurl and hurl

i was really sad i wanted to go shopping but vertigo came up and i was like hurling everywhere. and like
all the people were just staring and they were like moving back and forth and i was like really dizzy and
staggering everything was really spinning and i was so sick to my stomach barf me out i dont need a spoon

she just hurled on a pizza pie
and a large bag of curly fries
a parakeet and a german shepard
and where she could get her meds refilled

so i went into the restaurant to hurl in the toilet and the lady said like i have to buy something
and i said i have been like hurling all over the place and need to sit with my eyes closed and stop hurling
so i was like do you have a barf bag and the lady said like no and i like barfed all over the salad bar

vertigo its a vertigo
vertigo its a vertigo
open wide hurl and hurl
open wide hurl and hurl

and like the salad bar was all gross with vomit everywhere and the lady was like clean your vomit mess
up and i was like everything is spinning and i'm dizzy and hurling chunks and stuff and can hardly stand
up and like you want me to clean this gross mess up Hi my name is Andrea and i'm hurling everywhere
and like i have this vertigo and theres barf all in my braces and i'm getting a retainer and barf will be under it

this sounds like a Tequila-induced vertigo, I've had that one too.

supershifter2

DFO Star
Reaction score
this sounds like a Tequila-induced vertigo, I've had that one too.
I dont drink alcohol. Once I turned 18 in the 70's I stopped drinking. I had a fake I.D. and drinking was fun. I had 4 vertigo whatever they are called this month. Throwing up and couldnt hardly walk and ................... !

Iristone

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Last year there was a norovirus outbreak in a college near mine. I was supposed to gig there on the New Year's Eve and the whole event was cancelled because of that. The funny thing is the audience didn't know the real reason - the only thing they knew was that the show was cancelled. :silent:

Reaction score
Interesting speculation. Evidence?
Yes, there is substantial evidence and to be honest, it is too horrifying to describe here. You could likely find it yourself, and did some quick math. I'll give you a clue. Crematoriums - Wuhan. There's lots of other evidence too. I've lived in China for 10 years and studied it far longer. You'd be wise to not trust China government on any level. Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but if you knew the facts, you'd quickly agree.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Yes, there is substantial evidence and to be honest, it is too horrifying to describe here. You could likely find it yourself, and did some quick math. I'll give you a clue. Crematoriums - Wuhan. There's lots of other evidence too. I've lived in China for 10 years and studied it far longer. You'd be wise to not trust China government on any level. Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but if you knew the facts, you'd quickly agree.
So, you’ll only offer alarmist rhetoric, not actual evidence? You know international investigators — including the World Health Organization have been in China, right?

Last edited:

Iristone

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's becoming political quite quickly... I'd better run fot cover. :hiding:

Latest posts