OT Virus's

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where Black is the color, where None is the number
VB might not always be right, but “Cite your sources when saying it’s time to panic” isn’t unreasonable.

COVID19 is enough of a concern with the facts currently available - the Spanish Flu of the teens had a similar 2-3% mortality rate, and it managed to infect around 25% of earth’s population.

The time for utter panic and a breakdown of society may be soon, but the time for intelligent and swift action, with a plan laid out by actual experts and not cable news hosts, is now. We shall see which we get.

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
Man I've been in bed with the worst stomach flu imaginable for the last three days. I did go to a potluck type thing the night before it hit. Ugh.

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
The Coronavirus is like those crazy clowns that used to hang out on street corners and scare people a few years ago; in a few months it will all be forgotten. Kinda like Ebola or Zika.

- I hope you're right, but this is looking to be something of a different order. Ebola is hardly forgotten. It just hasn't spread like COVIDS seems to be doing. Also, we don't know how COVIDS is spread nor how to cure it. Complicating things further, it is complicating international travel and supply chains, which is very likely to have huge economic impacts worldwide, reducing demand and production capability and we defunded a mechanism that would have let us step out smartly on this in 2018.

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
I've never had a flu shot, I've not been sick in years til this last time. I had a house guest from Seattle just before I got sick but incubation period and my symptoms say not Corona. I was able to get up and do stuff 9 days after getting puny, 'every now and then I know It's kinda hard to tell, but I'm still alive and well'.