OT: We Gots Us Some Snow

Bonzoholic

Helluva Nice Guy
Reaction score
I live in Prescott, AZ which is about 11/2 hours north of Phoenix. We were told last week that we going to get a major snow event starting Feb 20 through Feb 22. They weren't kidding. We received 21" of snow in a two day period. This is not the norm for our little neck of the woods...

Attachments

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
We Gots Us Some Snow... They weren't kidding. We received 21" of snow in a two day period...
HA! Yea you did... Hang on to that killa' picture and share it with your friends that are a few thousand feet below you during peak "heat" season.

doubleroll

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow that’s a lot of snow no matter where you’re from...let alone AZ. Hopefully it has all melted away by now :)

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Ugg. I can’t wait for it to get warmer, and I’m in California. I know, I’m a wimp.

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Whoa! That makes our 3" last night a proverbial drop in the bucket.

Bonzoholic

Helluva Nice Guy
Reaction score
Oddly enough, the snow took some people by surprise. Not sure why, it was a;ll over the news here and the NOAA service out of Flagstaff had been warning us for a week. Fortunately, my wife went out and stocked us up with all the necessities. We were inside for 2-1/2 days. I finally shoveled out my driveway on Friday. That's when the city plow service came by and plowed our street. Yeah.....guess where all that snow went...)(*^$)^@$$%!

Streets, today, are pretty clear and we have 50+ temps for the rest of the week. Of course that means for some muddy days ahead.

Bonzoholic

Helluva Nice Guy
Reaction score
Took the boy for some snow sledding at the park up from our house. Was taking a selfie of he and I, when I felt a "bam" to the back of my melon. You can see the "snow projectile" in the pic. The next thing I heard from him was, "Head shot!!!"

Attachments

Last edited:

markrocks68

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes indeed! I'm from NY so I've had my share of the white stuff but man..That snow/rain/ice sure made a mess here in SoCal.
While it did not "snow" in San Diego, the neighboring hills & mountains were all covered and made for some beautiful scenery.
Now did you see the snow in Vegas& Joshua Tree? CRAZY!

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ugg. I can’t wait for it to get warmer, and I’m in California. I know, I’m a wimp.
Same here; been messy rainy here in Texas and then it warms a bit then two to three days, messy again, even on Saturdays. I haven't been able to fly my RC planes for a couple of months.

shern:angry2:

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I finally shoveled out my driveway on Friday. That's when the city plow service came by and plowed our street. Yeah.....guess where all that snow went...)
Here in PA we get at least a couple of plowable snows a year, and I live on a cul-de-sac. Whenever the plow comes by, I have double the shoveling to do at the end of my driveway. I feel your pain!

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here in PA we get at least a couple of plowable snows a year, and I live on a cul-de-sac. Whenever the plow comes by, I have double the shoveling to do at the end of my driveway. I feel your pain!

Reactions: JDA

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Reaction score
65BF12AE-29E0-4DD2-9A4F-9F09D05FE3E9.jpeg
B86A43F9-4CD3-4446-81ED-DB05A0CE7A61.jpeg
My wife’s parents live in Fountain Hills, AZ which is near Scottsdale. They had a yard full of snow.

S

skinsman

Took the boy for some snow sledding at the park up from our house. Was taking a selfie of he and I, when I felt a "bam" to the back of my melon. You can see the "snow projectile" in the pic. The next thing I heard from him was, "Head shot!!!"
That is too damn funny! The kid has the ol mans sense of humor!

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My Cousin in Minnesota sent me this e-mail:
This Winter has been a real duzie. The blizzard this week end was the worst I have seen in many years. Poor Meng Seng was stranded at work for 2 days. Just got home this morning. I tried to plow out the driveway and township road so she could get home last night but got my truck and plow stuck about 1/3 the way down the driveway and had to wait until this morning to dig it out. Fun, fun, fun. Ahh, just another challenge from Mother Nature.

My reply from Texas:
Yea; I know what you mean I had to clean the Back-Up Camera lens this morning.

sherm

Latest posts