OT: What Was The Last Concert You Saw?

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting ... I'm still going to concerts. Just saw the Newsboys a week ago. Haven't really noticed a drop in concerts for me. Maybe it's the performers I go see? I have no idea. But I've been enjoying live music. We are researching tickets for ”For King and Country”. Might go to that one.

Last edited:

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
OLP, Bush and Live - last year around this time in Salt Lake City, outdoor event in 20 degree weather.

Each bank was joking about how difficult it was to play having cramping fingers but it got pulled off. Bush was the middle act but the better performance of the three.

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not exactly a concert, but I went to Smalls jazz club in Manhattan to see Ralph Lalama on Mar. 1. It wound up being the last show, they closed on Mar 2 and haven’t been open since. That’s the last live music I’ve seen .Really sad.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last one was Iron Maiden Bassist Steve Harris' side-band British Lion on Feb. 18 in a small theater (with about 300 people). Great gig... I was close enough that the drummer heard me ask for a stick, and he tossed it to me.

It's been a tough year, I had tickets for some of my favorite bands ... Tyr, Clutch, In Flames/Megadeth, Alanis Morrisette/Garbage/Liz Phair, Wardruna, etc., etc.
Steve Harris.jpg

scole

Reaction score
Yeesh- It was about two years ago and it was seeing Tauk in support of their Shapeshifter album

Ian S

Reaction score
Bebel Gilberto at the Triple Door, Seattle. Sadly that was 7 years ago now. I'm really not a concert-goer though; it's got to be someone I really want to see or I don't bother with the ticket prices and the crowds.

jb78

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Kiwanuka - February 2020 in Chicago. Amazing show.

drums1225

Reaction score
Tower of Power at Brooklyn Bowl, almost exactly a year ago. I had tickets to see Billy Joel at MSG on March 19, 2020, which got rescheduled for September 26th, and then to November of 2021. I've been a big fan of his since childhood, and never got to see him, so was really looking forward to it. I hung on for the 1st rescheduled date, but when they pushed it to 2021, I requested a refund.

hsosdrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My last two live concerts were:

In 2009 the Hollywood Bowl presented "Miles Davis/Gil Evans Still Ahead", featuring Terence Blanchard, Jimmy Cobb, Peter Erskine, Howard Johnson, Christian McBride and Nicholas Payton, backed by an ensemble led by conductor Vince Mendoza. My then father-in-law was in the ensemble and got me tickets. Great show.

In 2010 or 2011 I saw Return To Forever and Zappa Plays Zappa at the Greek Theater. Also a great show, although I thought that Stanley Clarke severely overplayed his hand during RTF's set.

As Duke Ellington said, I don't get around much any more.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
December 2018 Steven Wilson .
Almost bought tickets in Europe for the 2020 tour , glad I didn’t pull the trigger .