OT: What's for dinner?

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A lot of beef.

I forgot I committed to half a cow, as I've been buying from a local farmer for a few years now, and I got the call out of the blue from the butcher that my order was ready. My wife freaked out, yelled at me for being an idiot and I had to go buy another freezer since we hadn't finished last years cow. So after my wife had to clean and defrost old fridge, some of it got partially thawed and needs to be eaten. The cube steaks were the first to thaw so Chicken Fried Steak with Bacon gravy and mash. I dont know why I have a personal quest to find who makes the best CFS, but I think my wife wins.

FWIW, Buy your beef from a local farmer. It's cheaper per pound overall and it tastes better than anything you will find at the grocery store.

Chicken Fried Steak with bacon gravy, mashed taters & Corn-On-The-Cob is my #1 comfort food.

k_50

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A nice, organic entrecôte

Potatoes fried in liberal amounts of butter, and duck fat

And mushrooms à la crème

Cheese for dessert

MrYikes

Reaction score
My wife fixed baked pumpkin squash stuffed with apples and raisins, very sweet, very yummy. Three slices of bacon on the side. I mean, of course.

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yesterday I ordered some sushi from my regular joint. Wife is away and she hates it so I take advantage of her absence and go to town usually. I went to pick it up after I closed the shop and my guy at the restaurant said he was very sorry that they gave my order to someone else , there was a mix up. The guy refused to come back to the shop and they said I could have HIS order if that was OK with me... My order was just a spicy salmon roll and a lobster roll. Like, 12 pieces in total. HIS order is in the picture below...
Needless to say I have some stomach issues today and I think I broke my own record :)
124158980_10164796310435497_856182473990866408_o.jpg

k_50

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My sister cooked spaghetti with langoustines and octopus last night

I made Irish coffee for dessert

k_50

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Potatoes fried in butter and duck fat, with garlic, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaves (my go-to Saturday treat as of late)

A free range pork chop

And mushrooms à la crème

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turkey yesterday, turkey today and blimey if it ain't turkey tomorrow.